Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Etc. Forums  Hop To Forums  Open Mike: Essays, POVs & Rants    SELF-PROCLAIMED WARTIME POTUS - ROTFLMAO
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

SELF-PROCLAIMED WARTIME POTUS - ROTFLMAO
 Login/Register

Admin
posted

...actually, I am laughing at the BONE-SPURS/DRAFT-DODGING/BULLY proclaiming himself to be a WARTIME POTUS!

I DO NOT think what he has done and is doing, to the United States of America, to be even the slightest bit humorous!

The above having been said:

ref: https://cnn.com

DJT has said he will use ACTIVE DUTY U.S. MILITARY to put down protesters. He is claiming the current series of events (protests) to be an INSURRECTION! Roll Eyes   :rolleyes:

What he is really saying is that HE PERSONALLY FEELS THREATENED that activist AMERICANS are totally fed-up with racial injustice in the U.S. and that this FACT/TRUTH will spread like wildfire to VOTERS (who will ensure that his ass is ousted in November).

WELL, the facts are these:

1. this is not an INSURRECTION designed to overthrow the government -- there is no such threat, PERIOD!

2. the TASK of restoring law & order is and always has been put upon Local and State law enforcement agencies... backed by the NATIONAL GUARD (at discretion of each state's governor)

3. DJT is spouting his RACIST FEAR & HATE-FILLED rhetoric as a means to
       a. stir-up the waning numbers of his fear & HATE-FILLED minions...

b. establish an excuse to suspend elections in November
4. However; the majority of Americans see no reason (in fact greatly oppose any use) for having the U.S. military on their streets performing LAW ENFORCEMENT tasks

5. While the U.S. MILITARY is duty bound to carry out LAWFUL ORDERS... I think a great number of them would be, at the least, VERY LUKE-WARM if not COMPLETELY COLD to the idea of using lethal force against their fellow countrymen (after all, THEY live here too)

6. Whether or not DJT violates U.S. LAW and wrongly deploys the MILITARY against U.S. citizens... he will lose the election period (it's just a matter of whether HIS LOSS will be by a small margin--if he does not, or a TSUNAMI-LIKE LANDSLIDE--if he does)

Posts: 25914 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Afaik, if the president decides to send in the marines, so to speak, and the state hasn’t asked for help, it’s an illegal order.

Kent state was bad enough with the national guards, we don’t need a rerun!

Posts: 11017 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Afaik, if the president decides to send in the marines, so to speak, and the state hasn’t asked for help, it’s an illegal order.

Kent state was bad enough with the national guards, we don’t need a rerun!
Reed, I agree (about NOT repeating Kent State).

From the CNN article (which I referenced) there's this:
quote:
But there may be curbs on what Trump can do. One section of the law suggests that states must first request help, but other portions of the Insurrection Act do not require a governor or state legislature's okay, such as when the President determines the situation in a state makes it impossible to enforce US laws or when citizens' rights are abridged.

"Historically and practically, such a request is not necessarily a prerequisite to the President using regular federal troops for domestic law enforcement," said Stephen Vladeck, a University of Texas law professor and CNN contributor.

There are examples of presidents using troops over the objections of governors, as Dwight Eisenhower (and later John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson) during the Civil Rights era. In particular, Eisenhower invoked the Insurrection Act when he federalized the Arkansas National Guard and then sent the 101st Airborne Division into Little Rock to integrate the schools.
Whether LEGAL or NOT... IMO: use of the U.S. Military against "protesters" would be a grave error on DJT's part (and I think the majority of Americans feel the same as do I).

Posts: 25914 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure what the protesters are violating in federal law, atm. But nuances aren’t DJT forte anyway. Seems one of the mayors/governors has already said Force is not the solution to the protests in his state!

IMHO if DJT tries force it will blow up in his face. I’d go so far th guess he’d probably centralize to the area and make it at least 10 times worse. It won’t be a civil war exactly, but I fear it will be unrecoverable.

Posts: 11017 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:

IMHO if DJT tries force it will blow up in his face.
I agree!

However; this just might be more of his FEAR and HATE-FILLED "stir 'em up" tactics. I've read that his insiders are telling him that he will LOSE the election, if things are NOT drastically changed. Perhaps he sees BULLYING as a means of effecting such change (making his ill-educated and hate-filled base much more vocal--thus drowning out the SUFFERING of Americans and supplanting that with his base's antics, in the national MEDIA's daily headlines)?

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I see him more as a simpleton who cannot stand to not be in the news. He’s been told how to maximize the benefits but that requires he try unity. That doesn’t seem to be his platform.