Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Hobbies & Interests  Hop To Forums  Food & Drink    Meals by Mail.
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Meals by Mail.
 Login/Register

AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted
We recently subscribed to a Hello Fresh.

It’s novel, fun and delicious for now. I was tired of cooking...perhaps bored is the better word.

But the meals are heavy and I suspect their special seasonings are also heavy with sodium....burp...

The night after we eat one, all we want is a bowl of soup or a salad.

Anyone else have experience with them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Life isn’t fair but the government should be.”...Ann Richards, Governor of Texas

Posts: 60319 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Everydaycheapskate.com did an analysis of the meals for at least a few. I think she found they needed to stretch the meals but I’m not sure I remember.

As for sodium, even though it’s everywhere I’ve found it’s lower that I thought. Except for the German type sausage my hubby absolutely loves!

We’ve talked about it so I’m anxious to see what others find/found.

Posts: 10896 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
We eat pretty low sodium so it seems rich I suppose. I never salt fresh vegetables, fish or seafood....except for tomatoes... I couldn’t find the meals on cheapskate but found this link https://www.top10bestmealdeliv...al-delivery-services

“Life isn’t fair but the government should be.”...Ann Richards, Governor of Texas

Posts: 60319 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10896 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
And another

https://www.everydaycheapskate...s-to-cut-food-costs/

They are as much comparison, but I thought she’d mentioned salt. I’ll have to look more.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Looks like the diet to go has a diabetic that is low sodium. That’s still often too much but ....

AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I love these. He can have some. It’s just that Hello Fresh is pretty high. You can feel yourself blowing up...but delicious!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can feel yourself blowing up...but delicious!

I hear that! I can tell that way even when I can’t taste it!

AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
Tonight was fabulous! Fresh green beans sliced shallots. and slices of not too ripe pear roasted with just a tsp of olive oil and scant salt and pepper massaged in before it goes in the oven. Who wudda thought?