Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Hobbies & Interests  Hop To Forums  Food & Drink    International House Of Burgers?
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

International House Of Burgers?
 Login/Register

AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted
quote:
Could it be marketing genius or one of the most talked about branding blunders brandished by a breakfast joint?

International House of Pancakes will continue serving flapjacks, but is emphasizing the beef after announcing Monday morning it has changed its name to the International House of Burgers.

The former leader in much needed hangover food has decided to enter into the burger joint business.

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Ron Paul: Impeachment.....Or CIA Coup?

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 114961 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
quote:
Could it be marketing genius or one of the most talked about branding blunders brandished by a breakfast joint?

International House of Pancakes will continue serving flapjacks, but is emphasizing the beef after announcing Monday morning it has changed its name to the International House of Burgers.

The former leader in much needed hangover food has decided to enter into the burger joint business.

Link

Does this mean that their burgers will include a choice of lamb burgers which are very much international?

Posts: 5175 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Does this mean that their burgers will include a choice of lamb burgers which are very much international?

It's only a marketing campaign. IHOP isn't changing its name. But the chain of breakfast diners took social media by storm last week with the cryptic announcement that it was flipping the lowercase "p" in its logo and making it a "b." IHOP, of course, stands for International House of Pancakes. But IHOP — sorry, IHOb — wants to be known as a place to get lunch and dinner, not just breakfast and brunch. It's adding several burgers to its menu, including a Big Brunch burger with bacon, a fried egg and browned potato on top.
mystery of IHOb

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4241 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:

It's only a marketing campaign. IHOP isn't changing its name. But the chain of breakfast diners took social media by storm last week with the cryptic announcement that it was flipping the lowercase "p" in its logo and making it a "b." IHOP, of course, stands for International House of Pancakes. But IHOP — sorry, IHOb — wants to be known as a place to get lunch and dinner, not just breakfast and brunch. It's adding several burgers to its menu, including a Big Brunch burger with bacon, a fried egg and browned potato on top.
mystery of IHOb

They've always had burgers, but I'm glad to see they have an "Aussie" burger now '-)

I was just musing that if they are international then ...

I do remember the German Pancakes that are no longer available though:-(

And thanks for the update! Our IHOP used to be 24 hours, which was really nice but last time we checked that was no longer true.

Posts: 5175 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
They've always had burgers, but I'm glad to see they have an "Aussie" burger now '-)

I was just musing that if they are international then ...

I do remember the German Pancakes that are no longer available though:-(

And thanks for the update! Our IHOP used to be 24 hours, which was really nice but last time we checked that was no longer true.

My fav is the double BLT, Tilapia Florentine, and Roasted Turkey and Fixings. Each one of those plates is 2 meals for me.

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4241 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post