Aantares
The Sweet Potatoes Which Go With Your Cuban Game Hens With Mojo Sauce

This topic can be found at:
http://aantares.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7046045334/m/6160022396

12-23-2018, 10:36 PM
Holy Bhagworm
The Sweet Potatoes Which Go With Your Cuban Game Hens With Mojo Sauce
First, reduce 2 cups of orange juice to 2/3 cup. Set aside.
Cut up 2 sweet potatoes into chunks and boil for 15 minutes.
Drain potatoes and mash them with 2 tblspns butter, 3 fresh basil leaves julienned, salt and pepper to taste, and 1 tspn maple sugar. Continue to mash as you add the reduced orange juice. Also add 1/2 cup of 1/2 and 1/2 to the mix. It should be a little sloppy but will be the perfect consistency in about 5-10 minutes.

Make sure your mojo sauce intermingles with the potatoes on the dish. To make the mojo sauce, simmer 1 1/2 cups malbec or burguncy with 2 cups chicken stock, add about 6 whole peppercorns, 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, and a large sliced shallot. Strain the shallots out and reduce to about 2/3 cup. You can do this ahead of time and microwave it in a cup to heat it up just before serving.

I might as well give you the game hens recipe to. 2 game hens, wash and pat dry - remove giblets if present, put two whole garlic cloves in each chicken cavity. Make a mixture of 1 tbslpn ancho chile, 2 tspsns of chipotle chile, and a teaspoon of kosher salt. Rub that mixture inside and outside the hens. Cook at 400 degrees close to an hour and let sit for 5-10 minutes. If you want, you can cut the hens lengthwise with a sharp knife - I never do. This entire recipe serves 2 hungry people - there might be leftovers. It's intended for 4 normal eating people who just might also want appetizers and dessert.

HB
01-09-2019, 10:56 AM
Stop The Madness

Thanks for posting this, HB!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DJT's THEME SONG:

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")
01-30-2019, 09:17 AM
Dixie Chick
So glad to find this again!

Lost from my computer somehow.

It was sooo YUM.

And it causes me to remember Lynne. It was HB's recipe but she was the one who loved those sweet potatoes! He, apparently loved cooking for her.

Dix

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest