Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Hobbies & Interests  Hop To Forums  Food & Drink    Timing
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Timing
 Login/Register

Forum Host
Picture of Sean
posted
     Usually I can make a breakfast with two scrambled eggs, a sausage patty, two toasts, jelly and a diced-to-bite-size fruit, in a single fluid operation. This morning while the bread was browning in the toaster oven and the sausage was sizzling in the pan, with the eggs already scrambled, I turned my attention to the grapefruit, which I always serve as bite-sized cubes. It was then the phone rang and I answered because I was expecting an important call. By the time I learned the call was just to sell me something silly I noticed that the toast was burning, so I hastened to its rescue. Fortunately it was still edible, being charred on but a single side. While I was contemplating the toast, the smoke alarm went off, reminding me that I had forgotten to turn off the burner when the eggs were done. While I was transporting the alarm to the outside air in order to shut it up, the sausage charred halfway through its thickness. While freeing it from the pan by mighty thrusts with a metal spatula, my elbow knocked the grapefruit to the floor. Fortunately the jelly, still residing in its jar, escaped any harm.
     From this I have concluded that, while it isn't everything, timing really is important.
Seán

Posts: 6520 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Mbr Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Maybe see if Lori's Chicken and Waffles is still open...

Posts: 8281 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Host
Picture of Sean
posted Hide Post
The jelly. This morning it appeared not to be all that it could be. I'm thinking PTSD.

Posts: 6520 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Mbr Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Host
Picture of Sean
posted Hide Post
This morning I made oatmeal for breakfast before I learned the milk was sour. I tried substituting cocoa, made from a packet of Nestle's instant mix. Chocolate-flavored oatmeal is not bad at all, except it was a little bit too sweet.