Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Entertainment  Hop To Forums  Music    Ronnie Prophet, Country Music Singer & TV Host, Dies at 80
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Ronnie Prophet, Country Music Singer & TV Host, Dies at 80
 Login/Register

AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted
quote:
Country music legend Ronnie Prophet, who had 26 hit singles in Canada, five charting in the U.S. on Billboard and hosted several television shows, died Friday (March 2) in Florida from cardiac and kidney failure.

“With a very heavy heart, but with so many fond memories, so very sad to hear the legendary Ronnie Prophet passed away this morning at the age of 80,” posted family spokesperson Dave Bancroft on Prophet’s Facebook page.

“The Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame member was probably the most gifted Canadian country music entertainer to ever hit any stage. Chet Atkins once said Ronnie put on the greatest one-man show he had ever seen. My sincere and deepest condolences to Glory-Anne Prophet, the rest of his family, friends and fans. Godspeed, my friend, and thanks so much for the music, the laughs, the interviews and the lessons.”

Prophet’s wife, singer Glory-Anne Carriere, with whom he performed and recorded with as a duo and married in 1986, made her own post on her personal Facebook page:

“There are no words to express the heartache of losing my best friend and the love of my life. Ronnie’s sense of humor has sustained me through the years no matter the circumstances even to the very last. Chet Atkins music was playing softly in the background till he peacefully left us for his heavenly home this morning at 8:40,” she wrote.

“He loved life, + friends, family + his fans were so important to him. His passion for music was part of who he was and it was always his wish to keep people smiling wherever he went. Thank you for all the kind and encouraging words. I will continue to read them and they will help my grieving heart of losing him but knowing that he was loved and will be missed by others. God bless you all.”

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 112140 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post