Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Entertainment  Hop To Forums  Music    #MeToo comes to Japan following assault on pop star
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

#MeToo comes to Japan following assault on pop star
 Login/Register

Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted
It was a meant to be a happy occasion to launch the New Year -- a meet and greet between a Japanese pop idol and her fans.

But Maho Yamaguchi didn't turn up to her pop group's event on January 6. In the following days, she apologized for her absence and went public as to the reason why: An alleged assault at the hands of two male fans.

"I am sorry to shock you guys. Some might get scared to hear what happened to me. I am really sorry. I wanted to help those who were going through the same experience," she posted on her Twitter account on January 8.

Yamaguchi is a member of Niigata-based "idol group" NGT48, a sister group to the famous 48-member girl band AKB48. She claimed a member of her group had leaked her address to two male fans who assaulted her at home on December 8 last year.

"I didn't do anything for a month because I didn't want to impose on everyone that supports me. I don't want you to dislike NGT (the pop band) ... That's because I believed they'd sort all this out," Yamaguchi added on Twitter.

Following her online confession, Yamaguchi made a fleeting appearance at her pop group's three-year anniversary show on January 10 and apologized in person for "causing trouble" to her fans.

A statement on NGT48's website last week confirmed that another member had told male fans when Yamaguchi might return home. The two men were arrested on suspicion of grabbing her face but later released. Yamaguchi insinuated her management company did nothing to deal with those involved in her ordeal.

More at:
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news...r-BBSmh1m?li=AAggNb9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 49218 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post