Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Health & Well-Being    Plantar Fasciitis
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Plantar Fasciitis
 Login/Register

Devoted...
Picture of Sa-EQ
posted
This year seems to have an epidemic of plantar fasciitis, which while a specific diagnosis, seems also to be a synonym for a painful foot.

My family is also involved, with the wife currently going thru several stages in the past months with her left foot, including a sudden CLICK while walking. Fortunately she can drive with her right, and has a high pain tolerance, so she still walks all over the grocery and other stores, and got to see our grandson married recently in Phoenix.

OTOH she has gone to the doctor several times, including a podiatrist, and has worn a crazy 8 bandage, two different boots, and I wrap her foot at bedtime in an ace bandage to ease its sensitivity. How bad it is became apparent the other night when I saw her stepping with her right foot in her sleep.

Now I have a different experience. Last year I had three days of discomfort which cleared on its own. Today I had pain starting again under my left heel, despite continued wearing "unstructured" shoes. Taking early notice, I took off the shoe and saw something on the heel of the insert sole, a triangle about 1/2 inch in diameter, that looked like something to pull. I did, and it came off. It was a fragment of a leaf. I brushed off the sole, reinserted it, and have worn the shoes with no more pain.

Anyone else with a painful foot story?

Donald

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico | Mbr Since: 06-09-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Sa-EQ
posted Hide Post
Update
Wife was given an insert to support her arch, which greatly helped. Xray was improved.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico | Mbr Since: 06-09-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Host
Picture of Sean
posted Hide Post
One cause of plantar fasciitis is Obesity because being overweight stresses the structures in the feet. Should one surmise the epidemic of obesity is causing the increased frequency in fasciitis you've observed?

Posts: 6520 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Mbr Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Host
Picture of DianeZ
posted Hide Post
I get it from time to time. Calf stretches on the stairway always seems to help. I never got the boot or crazy 8 bandage

DianeZ

Posts: 1085 | Location: Maryland | Mbr Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Sa-EQ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Should one surmise the epidemic of obesity is causing the increased frequency in fasciitis you've observed?

Well, the bones of the feet don't get any bigger, so that is a worthy assumption. The wife had in fact lost about 40 lb before hers began. The latest boot seems to need the insert, and she is padding it. It helped for awhile, but those folds in the padding are a concern.

Forum Host
Picture of Sean
posted Hide Post
The walking, prescribed as exercise, in weight loss programs may also be stressful for the feet.

Posts: 6520 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Mbr Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Sa-EQ
posted Hide Post
How about the prolonged visits to the grocery stores, looking for ways to lose weight? Smile-Big   :D

Forum Host
Picture of Sean
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about the prolonged visits to the grocery stores,...

Those excursions are far less deleterious than you'd think: Used skillfully a grocery cart supports the preponderance of a shopper's weight. One could, in fact, go virtually airborne, were it not for the risk of demolishing a pyramid of cantaloupes, or even another customer too intent on telephoning to sense oncoming cataclysms.

Devoted...
Picture of Sa-EQ
posted Hide Post
The wife really needs that prolonged visit to wake up from watching the computer all day at work, and she does come up with the latest gadget, occasionally.