Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Health & Well-Being    Doctor: Women should sit like men for better health
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Doctor: Women should sit like men for better health
 Login/Register

AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted
quote:
AUSTIN - An Austin doctor is recommending her female patients change the way they sit, saying that sitting like a lady could be causing serious health problems.

Dr. Barbara Bergin believes it's time for women to SLAM, or "sit like a man."

"If I see 100 people with lateral hip pain, 90 of them are women" Bergin said. "I started thinking about sit like a man and how it's more natural for women to do that."

For Cherie Hall, the agony she felt while gardening and playing tennis became too much to bear.

Click here to see what Dr. Barbara Bergin says is better posture

"The pain was so excruciating, so bad that I almost feel like I am tired of living," she said. "It was here, all the way into the lower back and the hamstring."

It's a problem Bergin has seen many times before in her 30 years of treating patients at Texas Orthopedics.

"Many of my female patients particularly over the age of 40, were suffering from a variety of disorders that pertain to their lower extremities," Bergin said.

She believes it has a lot to do with the way women sit. With knees close together and legs or ankles sometimes crossed, that puts pressure on tendons, causing hip bursitis, knee and foot pain and other uncomfortable alignment problems. Men sit with their knees and legs apart, feet flat on the ground. But the feet shouldn't be positioned outside the knees.

Bergin believes SLAM is the natural way for everyone to sit. While it may seem strange, Bergin said it's definitely helping her female patients.

"Some people can even feel a difference the first time they say get out of a chair with their legs in a more masculine position," she said.

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 97471 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Host
Picture of Sean
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll be darned! Sitting like a lady is a complicated business! I wonder why it is OK for men to display their crotches if they are wearing trousers and are not in an emotional state?

Posts: 6520 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Mbr Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Sa-EQ
posted Hide Post
Have you notice the diversity between their complaining and their doing? It may in part be due to "woman's work is never done."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico | Mbr Since: 06-09-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Host
Picture of Sean
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you notice the diversity between their complaining and their doing?

With rare exceptions the women I know never complain and do everything to perfection. One of the exceptions emerged yesterday when a neighbor gave me approximately a quart of her menudo, which is more or less a soup made with hominy and honey-comb tripe in a red-chili broth. Even that was forgivable: The broth was tasty, my cats thought the tripe was delicious, and a stray flock of chickens waxed ecstatic over the hominy.

Posts: 6520 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Mbr Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post