Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Health & Well-Being    A Return to Worthless/Fraudulent Policies?
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

A Return to Worthless/Fraudulent Policies?
 Login/Register

Admin
posted

(who can forget Wendell Potter's exposé of such things?)

DJT promised better/cheaper Health Insurance for ALL. Have you stopped laughing yet? Or, perhaps more accurately, have you stopped crying?
quote:

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anti-Fascism:

(who can forget Wendell Potter's exposé of such things?)

DJT promised better/cheaper Health Insurance for ALL. Have you stopped laughing yet? Or, perhaps more accurately, have you stopped crying?
quote:

While I always believed that what was once called catastrophic plans should be available, they seem to be most attractive to those who could least afford them. But I did know realtors and small businesses that used them well. The problem was with negotiated fees for services, at least to me. It was unclear whether your deductible mean you could get reduced fees.

With the more expensive elderly out of the pool of the insurered one would think that with large enough groups it would be possible to share the risks. And yes, my employers policies included stuff I wasn’t interested in, in fact I felt weren’t part of health insurance, they were still lower than what Medicare regularly charges per month. That doesn’t mean that I didn’t see my premiums rising and complain about them before anyone heard of ACA, but that without common pools of some sort there is no way for health care policies to cover a lot of what has come to be expected on an individual policy. It seems so much simpler to change to a type of Medicare for all, and to negotiate drug costs ... geez!

Posts: 4393 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post