Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Health & Well-Being    Chronic pain sufferers plead for a nuanced approach to opioids
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Chronic pain sufferers plead for a nuanced approach to opioids
 Login/Register

AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted
quote:
Will Michele Jacobovitz get out of bed today?
That depends on how many pain killers she has left in her monthly prescription, which sometimes she’s forced to ration. Some mornings are harder than others.

Jacobovitz, 56, has suffered from chronic pain since a 1987 car accident. The Pasco County resident has had 73 surgeries since, from her spine to her neck to her ankles, and she has the scars across her body to prove it. In December, she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

As such, she says it’s impossible to function without popping a highly addictive pain killer with Acetaminophen and Oxycodone components, in the morning. Without it, she says, there are days she can’t get up at all. Or get to the bathroom in time when she has to go. It can be humiliating.

Jacobovitz says she’s not addicted to pain killers. But she’s absolutely dependent on them.

"It comes down to quality of life," she said. "I’m not using these drugs to get high. I’m using them so I can have some kind of life. So I can get out of bed. They don’t take my pain away. But they mask it so I can function."

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 111944 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post