Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Health & Well-Being    How To Deal With Grief
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

How To Deal With Grief
 Login/Register

Admin
posted
quote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I saw that earlier today! Considered posting it! Glad to not have to.

I think everyone grieves. Somehow chose to “get even” rather than truly get better.

Did we teach children to grief better than now? I only remember three instances. One where the school was burglared. We talk about it in class a bit. One when a teacher was seriously injured. And the last one when we were being shot at school! Each teacher handled things a bit differently, but we all had places to discuss what happened and groups, such as churches, that tried to assist anyone who was traumatized.

Posts: 5245 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post

IMO: too many hours using video games has NOT yet been a way to educate young ones about most things they will encounter in life. That is sad, given the potential...

Pushing 70, many friends of mine are passed (or in the process of passing)... that was a partial reason for my posting this.

Another reason? FRIGHTIES may soon be engulfed by their own grief (as DJT gets removed from office or even sentenced to prison).

...just my 2¢   :2cents:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Because I grew up in the military, I was aware of funerals but never went to one until I was in my 20s.

I agree that we left some teaching of emotional skills behind, for too many!

Posts: 5245 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post