Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Health & Well-Being    DJT's FASCIST REGIME continues attacks on A.C.A. (preexistings)
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

DJT's FASCIST REGIME continues attacks on A.C.A. (preexistings)
 Login/Register

Admin
posted

Under the A.C.A. Insurers could no longer DENY coverage for preexisting conditions. They also could not impose Annual or Lifetime CAPS. Both of which they had been doing.

Fascist Insurance Corporations weren't making enough money (even with the corporate tax rate permanently cut by 1/2)? So they turned to the FASCIST-in-Chief for help. In turn, he has his DoJ to launch more attacks on the A.C.A.
quote:
Justice Dept. Says Crucial Provisions of Obamacare Are Unconstitutional

The Trump administration told a federal court on Thursday that it would no longer defend crucial provisions of the Affordable Care Act that protect consumers with pre-existing medical conditions.

Under those provisions of the law, insurance companies cannot deny coverage or charge higher rates to people with pre-existing conditions.
You just know what's next, right?

Once they manage to kill the preexisting provision... they have tons & tons of DNA records. I've said before... with that DNA database, our progeny will be DENIED based on those samples ("mark my words").

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anti-Fascism:

Under the A.C.A. Insurers could no longer DENY coverage for preexisting conditions. They also could not impose Annual or Lifetime CAPS. Both of which they had been doing.

Fascist Insurance Corporations weren't making enough money (even with the corporate tax rate permanently cut by 1/2)? So they turned to the FASCIST-in-Chief for help. In turn, he has his DoJ to launch more attacks on the A.C.A.
quote:
Justice Dept. Says Crucial Provisions of Obamacare Are Unconstitutional

The Trump administration told a federal court on Thursday that it would no longer defend crucial provisions of the Affordable Care Act that protect consumers with pre-existing medical conditions.

Under those provisions of the law, insurance companies cannot deny coverage or charge higher rates to people with pre-existing conditions.
You just know what's next, right?

Once they manage to kill the preexisting provision... they have tons & tons of DNA records. I've said before... with that DNA database, our progeny will be DENIED based on those samples ("mark my words").

Are you suggesting that a DNA test may be the only physical one needs to get medical insurance? I’m not convinced that a previous heart condition shows up in those, for example.

Posts: 4523 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post

Reed,

I suggesting that Fascist Insurers will use ANYTHING (including the DNA of ancestors) to increase PROFITS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

Reed,

I suggesting that Fascist Insurers will use ANYTHING (including the DNA of ancestors) to increase PROFITS.

I have no doubt! Perhaps we are still where things have to get worse before they can get better? Can we perhaps start with forcin the House of Representatives to use the same plans their constituents have available? I suggest a need to care may be needed first?

I grew up with socialized medicine, it wasn’t perfect but there aren’t too many things that are. I learned a bit more about what happens with employer insurance premiums and approvals and recall the ever increasing premiums. Since I worked for fairly large companies they could spread the risk out so that the increases I saw seemed high but not so much that they were out of reach. I knew several realtors who had very high deductibles even before they were common, and still their insurance was ridiculously expensive. Additionally the formularies continued to change as they had when I was younger.

Now that first socialized medicine uses contracted doctors mostly, and in a way Medicare seems to too.

What I see as the biggest obstacle is the state laws that are so dissimilar that insurance companies refuse to even take on contracts in some of them. The free market for buying insurance is an illusion because they can’t cross state lines.

Posts: 4523 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post

Yeah, Corporate GREED has touched everything related to health care (and well beyond that).

Wifey was a Primary Care MED/SURG RN working at a local hospital. Things went fine for a while, then a FOR-PROFIT bought it. Soon she barely had time to administer MEDS, change dressings, etc. and NO TIME to visit with her patients. That's not what she wanted to do, so she quit and went into PSYCH. She dealt mostly with troubled teens (but had other patients as well). It soon got to the point that she had to CALL the insurer to see how many hours/days of IN/OUT patient care they had remaining. THAT was a hassle and ridiculous (due to "for profit", once again). So, she quit that and went to work for one of the insurers (the people she used to have to call to get authorization for her patients). Basically, when she got an "authorization call" she would APPROVE. That caused problems between her and her BOSS. So, she quit that as well and pursued work in "alternative medicine" fields.

She no longer does any of that (except for herself, me, and family friends that ask advice--NON PROFESSIONAL advice that is to say).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, Corporate GREED has touched everything related to health care (and well beyond that).

Wifey was a Primary Care MED/SURG RN working at a local hospital. Things went fine for a while, then a FOR-PROFIT bought it. Soon she barely had time to administer MEDS, change dressings, etc. and NO TIME to visit with her patients. That's not what she wanted to do, so she quit and went into PSYCH. She dealt mostly with troubled teens (but had other patients as well). It soon got to the point that she had to CALL the insurer to see how many hours/days of IN/OUT patient care they had remaining. THAT was a hassle and ridiculous (due to "for profit", once again). So, she quit that and went to work for one of the insurers (the people she used to have to call to get authorization for her patients). Basically, when she got an "authorization call" she would APPROVE. That caused problems between her and her BOSS. So, she quit that as well and pursued work in "alternative medicine" fields.

She no longer does any of that (except for herself, me, and family friends that ask advice--NON PROFESSIONAL advice that is to say).

Some of the paperwork is happening, now, in not for profits too. Medicare is giving incentive $s for keeping people out of hospitals. Not a bad concept but in order to keep your numbers low you need at lease a ream of paper per patient.

I was on the cardiac ward over Christmas. Several of the nurses could not keep up with their patient loads. Part of that was the paperwork, and part was because once something went slightly wrong they couldn’t figure out how to get back on track. Others seemed to be able to handle more patients! To me that’s simply how well one can organize, but every incident has to be documented which can put a RN farther behind.

I’ve met several who have left the field they loved, because they could no longer do what they loved.

While I believe that socialized medicine had some of those features, I believe it can improve care too.

Sorry to hear your wife had to leave what she loved, but I like that she sought to fix what she could!