Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Health & Well-Being    CDC warns not to eat romaine lettuce amid new E. coli outbreak
      Page: 1 2 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

CDC warns not to eat romaine lettuce amid new E. coli outbreak
 Login/Register

AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted
quote:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is warning consumers not to eat romaine lettuce as officials investigate a new outbreak of E. coli. The outbreak has sickened at least 32 people from 11 states, including 13 who needed to be hospitalized.

"CDC is advising that U.S. consumers not eat any romaine lettuce, and retailers and restaurants not serve or sell any, until we learn more about the outbreak," the CDC said in a statement Tuesday.

The advice applies to all types of romaine lettuce products including whole heads of romaine, hearts of romaine, and bags and boxes of pre-cut lettuce and salad mixes that contain romaine, including baby romaine, spring mix, and Caesar salad.

No brand names have been identified and no recall was ordered. But officials say anyone who has any type of romaine lettuce in at home should not eat it and should throw it away, even if some of it was already eaten and no one has gotten sick.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/r...utbreak-cdc-warning/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Ron Paul: Impeachment.....Or CIA Coup?

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 114961 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
CDC warns not to eat romaine lettuce
We'll eat all the lettuce we want... straight from our garden, year-round.

Thank you very much.

DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Zealot...
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
quote:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is warning consumers not to eat romaine lettuce as officials investigate a new outbreak of E. coli. The outbreak has sickened at least 32 people from 11 states, including 13 who needed to be hospitalized.

"CDC is advising that U.S. consumers not eat any romaine lettuce, and retailers and restaurants not serve or sell any, until we learn more about the outbreak," the CDC said in a statement Tuesday.

The advice applies to all types of romaine lettuce products including whole heads of romaine, hearts of romaine, and bags and boxes of pre-cut lettuce and salad mixes that contain romaine, including baby romaine, spring mix, and Caesar salad.

No brand names have been identified and no recall was ordered. But officials say anyone who has any type of romaine lettuce in at home should not eat it and should throw it away, even if some of it was already eaten and no one has gotten sick.

Shut up, pork-face.

HB

Posts: 22648 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
I had a ham steak for supper.

Posts: 114961 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some good medical advice would be for you to also take some laxative (lots & lots of it--to unclog your brain)! LOL!   :lol:

DJT's THEME SONG:

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anti-Fascism:
quote:
Some good medical advice would be for you to also take some laxative (lots & lots of it--to unclog your brain)! LOL!   :lol:

When did you hang out you shingle?

Zealot...
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Obviously, you're just dying for responses. Sad.

HB

Posts: 22648 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thank you very much.

Okay, how do you do it? I know lettuce is a cool weather crop but you have cold winters and hot summers.

If lettuce in stores gets any worse I'm going to stop eating it. It also takes a lot of space in the garden.

Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest

Posts: 56452 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Zealot...
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
quote:
quote:

Thank you very much.

Okay, how do you do it? I know lettuce is a cool weather crop but you have cold winters and hot summers.

If lettuce in stores gets any worse I'm going to stop eating it. It also takes a lot of space in the garden.

Our wonderful guinea pig loved lettuce. He had such a good life, being loved and taken for special walks. He loved lettuce and tomatoes. A whole lot more than crobberts ever had. Now, I'm having a sad moment for crobberts...the poor fuc*ing bassturd.

HB

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:

When did you hang out you shingle?
I don't need one when married to an RN that used to have to do nutritional menus for people in and out of hospitals. But I see that your brain is still clogged up... better get those laxatives RIGHT NOW! ROTF   :rotf:

DJT's THEME SONG:

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thank you very much.

We use COLD FRAMES over the lettuce, during winter. We also use SHADE MESH FRAMES during the summer. Summer is the hardest to deal with, but we get by... just picking the few leaves that we need for a meal. Actually, rather than pinching/picking individual leaves, we use SCISSORS to clip the plants about an inch from the ground. Doing that results in a second and sometimes a third yield from the same clipped plant(s)

DJT's THEME SONG:

AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I see that your brain is still clogged up...

LOL!   :lol:

Aavid
Picture of Born Again Liberal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It might be fake news. I wouldn’t pay any attention to it.

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 29778 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Born Again Liberal:
    quote:
    quote:

It might be fake news. I wouldn’t pay any attention to it.

Then eat all the romaine lettuce you want.

AAA+
    Picture of Dixie Chick
    posted Hide Post
    Karl,

Lettuce takes so much room. You must have a lot of cold frame. I used to grow it here in the mountains in tubs on my deck in the summers. We got a lot of sun but it was fairly cool. Wish I had thought about cutting instead of tearing. I love homegrown lettuces. In fact, I think growing our own is what spoiled us from super market veggies.

For all except Karl:

Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest

Posts: 56452 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Enthusiast...
    Picture of That JR Thang
    posted Hide Post
    Cute. Real cute!

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4241 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Karl,

Lettuce takes so much room. You must have a lot of cold frame. I used to grow it here in the mountains in tubs on my deck in the summers. We got a lot of sun but it was fairly cool. Wish I had thought about cutting instead of tearing. I love homegrown lettuces. In fact, I think growing our own is what spoiled us from super market veggies.

For all except Karl:

Dixie,

We plant small sections (typically 30 x 30 inches and don't worry about thinning too much), a few weeks apart, clipping and then replacing the sections when those are "exhausted".

I built 40" x 40" cold frames (removing the plastic, those also serve as shaded mesh frames when weather warms up). I cover the cold frames top & sides with clear 6 mil plastic (available from Home Depot or Lowes, typically in 10' x 100' and 20' x 100' rolls, here in VaBch).

If winter temps are going to dip into low 20s or lower, we pack mulched leaves & pine straw around the base of those frames. That mulch is easily pulled away, then when any harvesting is done we put it back). The ground temps rarely get too very cold (most we've ever had was a little over an inch of frost heave, and not inside the cold frames).

We don't plant iceberg, just romaine, oakleaf, bibb, and black-seeded simpson. We've even experimented leaving a section uncovered. some of it has made it through winter even with a bit of snowfall covering it... we don't get much of that and it is usually gone within a day or two).

P.S.

I should add that the cold frames are individual units. We place them in shady areas for summer and in sunny areas for winter... so they are not fixed in one place nor are they all connected side-by-side.

DJT's THEME SONG:

Aardent
    posted Hide Post
    I heard dumbass trump had romai8ne on thanksgiving.

quote:
    quote:

whyisit

Posts: 30705 | Location: West Coast | Mbr Since: 10-16-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aavid
    Picture of Born Again Liberal
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:

He has to prepare himself first. You shouldn’t recommend laxatives to truenutjob without making it clear he should wear his depends.

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 29778 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    News Alert: Only romaine lettuce from certain parts of California is unsafe to eat, FDA says; new labeling will be added soon

quote:
    Federal health officials said the most likely source of romaine lettuce contamination is from the Central Coastal growing regions in northern and central California. No common grower, supplier, distributor or brand of romaine lettuce has been identified.

Several major romaine lettuce producers have agreed to label products with a harvest date by region, and new romaine from different growing regions, including Florida and Arizona, are being restocked in grocery shelves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    News Alert: Only romaine lettuce from certain parts of California is unsafe to eat, FDA says; new labeling will be added soon
    Yawn   :yawn:

DJT's THEME SONG:

Zealot...
    Picture of Holy Bhagworm
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

quote:
    Federal health officials said the most likely source of romaine lettuce contamination is from the Central Coastal growing regions in northern and central California. No common grower, supplier, distributor or brand of romaine lettuce has been identified.

Several major romaine lettuce producers have agreed to label products with a harvest date by region, and new romaine from different growing regions, including Florida and Arizona, are being restocked in grocery shelves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/

Can you come to visit? I'm serving California romaine, just for you. We won't be hungry.

HB

AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    Thanks anyway. I prefer Iceberg lettuce.

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Thanks anyway. I prefer Iceberg lettuce.
    Roll Eyes   :rolleyes:
    quote:
    Well, who would have guessed that?

Iceberg lettuce has very little nutritional value. When some people order a “wedge” of iceberg lettuce slathered with blue-cheese dressing, they think it’s healthy. What could be bad about it? Well, for one, don’t get me started on the amount of calories in the dressing! Secondly, iceberg lettuce doesn’t do much for your body. It’s made up of 95 percent water and contains only small amounts of fiber and minerals. So while iceberg lettuce is low in calories and definitely not bad for you, it’s not that good either. If you’re stuck on the mild taste of iceberg lettuce, I would recommend you switch to romaine. It has far more metabolism-boosting nutrients and is high in vitamin C. Also, beware of “frisée” lettuce in salads, which is much like iceberg and doesn’t offer a lot of nutritional value.
    IOW: iceberg lettuce isn't even good for bowel movements... PLEASE get some natural laxatives and get "going", will ya (clogged brains CAN suffer permanent damage, let's hope it isn't too late for you)?!

DJT's THEME SONG:

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Holy Bhagworm:

Can you come to visit? I'm serving California romaine, just for you. We won't be hungry.

HB
    THAT was extremely gracious of you, HB. Romaine is good ruffage as well as being nutritional. It is just too bad that he won't "listen" (it is also sad, very BIGLY SAD indeed).

DJT's THEME SONG: