Aantares Terms of Service: Rules, Policies & Disclaimers
Welcome to Aantares.com ("Aantares" or "Aantares Online LLC" or "we" or "our" or "us"). To make the Member ("you" or "your") experience as enjoyable as possible, please take a few minutes to read our Terms of Service.
Aantares Communities of Interest work best when certain standards of conduct are followed; your privilege to use and contribute to Aantares is dependent on maintaining these standards.
If you see a posting or other content on Aantares that appears to violate our Aantares Terms of Service, please alert Aantares to the problem by clicking the ALERT () icon at the bottom-right of the posting and tell us why you believe the posting should be removed.
- Aantares does not edit postings for content prior to posting and is not responsible for the content, style and/or errors in mechanics of fact of any posting.
- Postings on Aantares express the views of the posting's author and are not necessarily the views of Aantares Online LLC or any entity associated with Aantares Online LLC.
- Aantares uses an electronic filter to preview postings for any words Aantares deems objectionable and replaces these words with "**" (asterisks). We do not automatically filter for Aantares Terms of Service compliance.
- Violations of our Terms of Service may include, but are not limited to:
- Spamming, or posting the same or essentially the same note multiple times in one or more bulletin board forums or topics, or on more than one bulletin board;
- Postings that organize adverse sentiment or action against Aantares Online LLC or any entity associated with us or our Members;
- Posting while your posting privilege is temporarily or permanently suspended or revoked;
- Posting advertising material or material of a commercial nature of any description or form including but not limited to: hyperlinks, banner advertisements or click-through advertisements;
- Postings of any kind --including embedded graphic images-- that impact the use of our bulletin board(s) or the Aantares.com site;
- Posting significant portions of a note in a language other than English except in those boards/categories/forums/topics where this is specifically encouraged;
- Allowing the use of your Aantares username and/or posting privilege by anyone other than yourself;
- Postings that disclose other Aantares Member personal information said Member has not made public via their Aantares registration/public profile or Aantares postings;
- Postings that harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort to another Aantares Member or other individual or group, or hostile and/or inflammatory notes meant to disrupt the use and enjoyment of our site by Aantares Members;
- Posting material that is grossly repugnant to our community standards, including but not limited to blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, sexism, hate or pornography;
- Editing, deleting, or appending text to any Moderator/Administrator "red-lined" posting;
- The use of a registered username, avatar, "smilie" or other content or image Aantares deems objectionable;
- Posting copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you;
- Plagiarism --defined as using the work of anothers without appropriate offset by using the QUOTE feature as well as not providing a hyperlink to your source-- in any way, shape or form; exclusions are provided by the Administrator and/or Forum Host based on the source being a public domain-like publication;
- Posting any content or image or file type that creates an inline link (aka hotlinking, leeching, piggy-backing, direct linking, offsite image grabs and bandwidth theft) defined as the use of a linked object from one site into a web page belonging to a second site wherein Aantares.com could be considered either the first or second site;
- We have a general policy to not spam the board with multiple "new" topics that could easily be posted in the original "new" topics. Left or right, independent or libertarian, engaged, involved, abdicating or protesting... starting a "new" topic every time you find a scrap of info or attitude that you feel must be brought to Aantares dilutes the discussion in the original topics and clutters the bulletin board with numerous "one-note/few replies" topics. As a for instance, at one-time we had, between open & locked topics, 21 topics on the AZ shooting of Representative Giffords and 11 others.
By posting a new topic that could or should be incorporated in the currently open/active topics (in the opinion of our Moderators, of course) you run the risk of having your topic locked down as a 'duplicate topic.'
- Any attempt to impersonate an Aantares Online LLC employee or our agent working in an authorized capacity regardless of the name or account used or the method of impersonation;
- Any attempt to solicit an Aantares Member's password will be treated as an impersonation of Aantares employee or agent working in an authorized capacity regardless of the name or account used or the inquiry method.
- You agree we can display, modify, transmit, distribute or delete your posting(s) without needing further permission from you.
- You are solely responsible for the content of your posting(s) and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Aantares Online LLC and any agent working in an authorized capacity or other entity associated with us with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your posting(s).
- Fair Use Policy: Aantares does not condone the posting of copyrighted material on our web site unless the individual posting the material owns the copyright.
Aantares is cognizant of "Fair Use" practices while at the same time very much aware of the fact that "Fair Use" is an ever-shifting term regarding how to use copyrighted material.
Therefore, on Aantares, "Fair Use" is interpreted as to allow you to post a short quote --no more than fifteen (15) sentences-- of copyrighted text or a short summary of a copyrighted image that must be accompanied by a hyperlink to the web site where the rest of the text or image resides.
Reproducing the whole --or substantially the whole-- of copyrighted text or a copyrighted image is NOT "Fair Use" on Aantares, unless you own the copyright or have been given explicit permission to disseminate the text/image and can produce said permission when asked to do so by Aantares Online LLC representatives.
- Aantares may revoke your posting privileges, temporarily or permanently, revoke your subscription, temporarily or permanently, and/or take any other measures we deem necessary to maintain our Aantares Terms of Service for any or no reason whatsoever.
- Aantares reserves the right to reveal your identity and whatever information we know about you to any law enforcement agent or official in the event of legal action arising from any posting(s) made by you.
All Aantares terms of service, rules, policies, guidelines, registration requirements, settings, etc. may be changed at any time, at our discretion, without further notice to you.