Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub and Coffee Shop Part V
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

The Mob's Pub and Coffee Shop Part V
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raksha:
I just heard back from Bryan. He's in Facebook jail again. I thought I'd let everyone know before I said anything else, and that's all I have time for now.
--Linda

Onya, mate. Puts my mind at rest.

If anyone does contact Bryan, please let him know I still think of him.

One of the things I especially liked was he and I would individually respond to posts on our other forum, and I'll bet big money no one could have told the difference without our names being there.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Babies it's COLD outside!
And we've got light snow flurries too.

The koel was sounding, however it took a few days before the storm hit. That's twice now in a few weeks we've been absolutely battered.

Can't remember how long ago it was since I have seen such heavy rain.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Bryan is well, sort of. He was able to get a medical person to visit him at home to treat an infection.

Wish we’d get him back and yes there have been recent times I thought you sounded like Bryan.

Posts: 12689 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Gonna start coming off the meds because they are hampering my hunger trigger.

Just as well I haven't been feeling sorry for myself, innit.

Been having great fun since my little episode.

Even my eating has improved, one proper meal at night instead of a fast or a single meat pie for the entire day.

For the first time in yonks my head is often surprisingly clear (helped along with my self-medication). The doctors have yet to come up with a conclusion, however my feeling is my brain and I did a deal and it has started to rewire me, replacing the defective nodes Wink   ;) Even sleeping much better, without any pills.

Did stuff up, though. Went to see my GP and neither of us thought to renew my prescriptions, especially since the hospital changed one of the tablets. So now I have to go back to get the scripts.

Have had problems with my emails. Tried to send some to you and Reed, but the system failed. Just wanted you all to know I do indeed feel better. We'll see how it goes.

Tried again last week to contribute to the tavern's pokies, but finished up with more than I began with, my beers all paid for, and even tips for the barmaids.

Back again today, so we'll see how the money goes this time.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
It’s Wednesday, how’s the mri?

I'm not as smart as I was thinking.

Read that appointment notice half a dozen times to make sure I had it down pat so would make no mistakes. Spent yesterday preparing myself for the 7pm appointment in a neighbouring city I know nothing about.

Was getting ready to warm up my pathfinder, and had another look at the notice to get the hospital address.

Oooops. It is next Wednesday. Quite a Christmas pressie

As you have seen, I'm even wondering if I am getting back close to my pre-2002 episode.

Gawd help some here if that does happen Wink   ;).

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
Whether outwardly or inwardly, whether in space or time, the farther we penetrate the unknown, the vaster and more marvelous it becomes. the farther we penetrate the unknown, the vaster and more marvelous it becomes.
Charles A. Lindbergh - Autobiography of Values

Jeez, Henry J, mate.

You'll get your head in your hands to play with if you keep that up elsewhere.

...the farther we penetrate the unknown, the vaster and more marvelous it becomes.

Too right.

What other unknown interests do you have that you might share with us?

As you know I love your comedy thread. Never miss it. Did you watch that UK TV program on the Fokkers? I knew the story, just a different version where the Polish officer was addressing a wartime Women's Institute fundraiser, and it was his senior officer who pointed out the Fokkers (not the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Würger) were German fighter planes. Often wonder how many know just how important those Polish fighter pilots were. There is some question on whether we could have won the Battle of Britain had we not adopted some of their techniques.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
It’s Wednesday, how’s the mri?

I'm not as smart as I was thinking.

Read that appointment notice half a dozen times to make sure I had it down pat so would make no mistakes. Spent yesterday preparing myself for the 7pm appointment in a neighbouring city I know nothing about.

Was getting ready to warm up my pathfinder, and had another look at the notice to get the hospital address.

Oooops. It is next Wednesday. Quite a Christmas pressie

As you have seen, I'm even wondering if I am getting back close to my pre-2002 episode.

Gawd help some here if that does happen Wink   ;).

2002 predates me. Stay well.

Posts: 12689 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still reckon our mythological giants were little more than the occasional case of giantism

It wouldn't surprise me if giantism gets epigenetically more prevalent at cataclysmic times.

quote:
The mixing likely happened outside of Africa, because that’s where both Neanderthals and Denisovans emerged, and it could have taken place at least 600,000 years ago.
At least two super-archaic “ghost” hominins interbred with the ancestors of Neanderthals, Denisovans, and modern humans (red lines).

I had got into mixing/migration outside of Africa plus ghosts a few years ago, nice to see they are still working on that quite complicated picture.

https://grahamhancock.com/fentonb1/

quote:
I find that **** sapiens first emerged in Australasia from a population of **** erectus, whom had long been residents there. My date for this event is very early in the timeline, perhaps 900 – 800 thousand years ago, a date range supported by the Sima de los Huesos genome research, the Indiana Univeristy fossil study, and analysis of material from the Denisova cave site in Siberia.

In my model, I offer compelling evidence for three key migrations of **** sapiens heading out of Australasia. The first migrations began around 200,000 years ago, during a period of intense climatic problems and low population numbers, with a small group making their way to East Africa.[i] The remains of some of these first Africans have been discovered close to one key entry point in the east of the continent (400km), known as the Bab-el-Mandeb straights.[i]

I then identify a second migration event 74,000 years ago...

https://medium.com/@johnhawks/...licated-9e435bea24f6

quote:
These ghosts were the African equivalent of Neanderthals. They were ancient lineages with long histories, starting from long before any modern humans existed, and they were mixing with modern populations as recently as 20,000 years ago...

Posts: 1149 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chronic...
posted Hide Post
The BB's auto-censor is messing with some of the above material.

Posts: 9974 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
The BB's auto-censor is messing with some of the above material.

Yep they are gay sapiens!

Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Just as long as they're happy about it!

Posts: 9974 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
When they are out they seem to be.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Allan,

Read your email.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
My thanks, Stop The Madness.

bluelamp, any thoughts on this?

quote:
WATCH on amazon prime, or wherever:

Unacknowledged: Expose of the World's Greatest Secrets

Some typical outtakes include:

* the "deep dark budget" = no congressional oversight and no public scrutiny of the TRILLION$ being hidden/expended

* Neither Congress nor the POTUS has a handle on these "secret programs" within the defense budget:

* "There is considerable knowledge as far as the actual being of UFO and ET phenomena that we're aware of today."
- JFK

* "It is time for the truth to be brought out. Behind the scenes high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense. I urge Congressional action to reduce the dangers from secrecy about unknown flying objects."
- Former CIA Director, Vice-Admiral Hillenkoetter

* "We cannot track 2.3 trillion dollars in transactions."
- Donald Rumsfeld

* Presidents Carter and Clinton asked to be briefed on details of extraterrestrials, they were DENIED (reason given: as temporary employees, they had no "need to know").

IMO: most assuredly, these illegal programs (super secrecy with no oversight for expenditure of taxpayers' dollars) would be exposed and/or curtailed, had any responsible Commander-in-Chief been appraised. There is ever so much more (than the above) to be weighed, in this documentary!

WATCH and then ponder for yourselves!

Allan: I've had a keen interest in this all my life, and one thought rises above all else.

How can it be of interest to any country to hide evidence of the existence of space aliens?

We could do an X Files and say a small group of humans is conspiring with those aliens in an effort to take over the entire world.

Your source says it is all centred on the US, so why would China, the next empire, Russia, the EU, to name but three, sit idly by and pretend nothing is happening?

Reed N D Dark: so why would China, the next empire, Russia, the EU, to name but three, sit idly by and pretend nothing is happening?
China and Russia wouldn’t or all reveal much of anything if they didn’t have control.
For the US and the EU I’d guess the concern would be not to recreate the panic that was caused in New York etc with the reading of a fictional book containing a news report! The name, momentarily escapes me.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
I'm off to join the rellies to Celebrate Christmas Day.

When you catch up, may I wish you all a great Christmas, and a far better 2021.

Love y'all. Be lost without you.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Allan,

The numb is about trying to avoid nlp detail discussions. I can read them and not know what I just read. I’m not engage and Peachy jus disengaged too.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
From the news forum

“quote:
bluelamp, what are your thoughts on those immigrating/invading Indo-European horsemen being the origin of the Greek centaurs?

From what I have seen so far, those large steppes horses would have been new to the Middle East, where they relied on donkeys and had not yet domesticated the camel?

What would it have been like for those in the ME when large armed men on animals they had never seen first arrived?

From what I have read too, the ME farmers would have been nowhere near as tall as those horse herders.

Hopefully this post makes the pub easier to find.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Heard from Steve, Allias yba, He has survive the houston freeze but says it was rough. He also ran out of his meds, not good at all!

He’s asked for a link to this forum so check back.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Just heard from Bryan’s daughter which says Bryan’s has moved on. I don’t have a few of the leftovers emails still here. I’ll comment elsewhere too.