Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
      Page: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 73

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Amazon Prime discount

https://www.cnet.com/news/amaz...99514510791613027857

Thinking of trying it? You can also sign up for Amazon Fresh once you become a Prime member. Might be nice to have water and sodas (heavy stuff) delivered... Of course, it's still likely to be more expensive than you are accustomed to paying.

Somewhat, more for the videos/music and occasional purchases.

As for the water, they raised the price on me at the machine. Now .40cents instead of .35 for some reason. I guess Trumps tax break didn't make it to them either.

Still not a bad price. Amazon's 365 Everyday Value Spring Water is $.99 per gallon/$2.49 for 2 1/2 gallons. And then you gotta recycle all that plastic...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Hey Bry,
Have you ever tried a scrambled egg sandwich?

These things are so good:
https://www.incredibleegg.org/...ella-basil-sandwich/

I didn't have any mayo one time and used blue cheese dressing instead of the mozzarella and mayo. Wonderful. Oh, and if you don't have basil, you can use lettuce for an ELT.

With the blue cheese dressing it's a BELT. Just don't try to hold your pants up with it, huh.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Allan,
Just for you:

https://www.incredibleegg.org/recipe/pickled-eggs/

Cook a week's worth and put them in the fridge.

Oh, and you can dunk them in the creamy dressing of your choice. Slice them on a salad as well.

Good stuff!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
quote:
Allan,

There are some good fares to Europe right now, if I can get Mrs E. to Edinburgh, could you meet her there?

Speaking of which, I received an invite to the 'family' reunion this coming August in Germany. Talking about awkward.....

That’s funny, or would be if it weren’t also tragic!

Try telling them the exchange rate will have to get 1000% better before you could make it!

It would be interesting to perhaps visit Germany, not sure about meeting about what in essence are a bunch of strangers...

Dahlin', I doubt they would be any more strange than you... Nee-NER!   :neener:

Not to mention that August in Germany is warm, sometimes even hot, often rainy, and a very expensive time of year to travel. Now October is a different story entirely: OCTOBERFEST!

Might not even have to buy your own beer, just lap up what others spill on you?

Posts: 12773 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Allan,

There are some good fares to Europe right now, if I can get Mrs E. to Edinburgh, could you meet her there?

Speaking of which, I received an invite to the 'family' reunion this coming August in Germany. Talking about awkward.....

Try telling them the exchange rate will have to get 1000% better before you could make it!

It would be interesting to perhaps visit Germany, not sure about meeting about what in essence are a bunch of strangers...

Not to mention that August in Germany is warm, sometimes even hot, often rainy, and a very expensive time of year to travel. Now October is a different story entirely: OCTOBERFEST!

Yeah, not to sure they could handle my type of strange.

I'd point out August here is hot, so warm would be cooler.

Depending where you are in the city, you could be getting a breeze in San Diego! The city west of Kensington, el C____? Now that’s HOT in August, for sure!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bryan:
Amazon Prime discount

Thinking of trying it? You can also sign up for Amazon Fresh once you become a Prime member. Might be nice to have water and sodas (heavy stuff) delivered... Of course, it's still likely to be more expensive than you are accustomed to paying.

Nope, they figure since you got your tax break you can afford more!

Of course, they’ve been going up here for some time! I just don’t buy it all that often, instead I quit ironing! But even the 33 cent distilled or Spring water from Walmart is over 50 cents now, or so it seems. The water for the iron was 38 cents and I’ve forgotten what the machine wants now, they changed to primo, and I think that is a reflection on the price, reverse osmosis is reverse osmosis!

quote:

As for the water, they raised the price on me at the machine. Now .40cents instead of .35 for some reason. I guess Trumps tax break didn't make it to them either.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Amazon Prime discount

Still not a bad price. Amazon's 365 Everyday Value Spring Water is $.99 per gallon/$2.49 for 2 1/2 gallons. And then you gotta recycle all that plastic...

So 2.5 gals cost more!

As for Bryan, if any bus travel is involved the cost saving may be eaten up by the bus fare. And measuring wear and tear on the body when there is no money just isn’t an option until one physically has no choice but to have delivery. And Bryan needs inside delivery which is why the jug deliveries were suggested. In the Pentagon we didn’t pay much since for that water since I think they brought at least one truck every day and didn’t deliver every day!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Allan,
Just for you:

Oh, and you can dunk them in the creamy dressing of your choice. Slice them on a salad as well.

Good stuff!

As an Aussie the concept of setting aside beet root, as opposed to eating it right away just doesn’t seem feasible!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Allan,

At your height, you could get a lot of mileage outta that.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Amazon Prime discount

So 2.5 gals cost more!

As for Bryan, if any bus travel is involved the cost saving may be eaten up by the bus fare. And measuring wear and tear on the body when there is no money just isn’t an option until one physically has no choice but to have delivery. And Bryan needs inside delivery which is why the jug deliveries were suggested. In the Pentagon we didn’t pay much since for that water since I think they brought at least one truck every day and didn’t deliver every day!

Yeah, you have to pay for that container! And it's a much thicker plastic than the 1 gal size.

I outsmarted myself thinking I would get 2 of them; 1 for the fridge and 1 for the countertop, and keep them filled from the 1 gal size. No matter how sweetly I cajoled them, they wouldn't jump up from the floor to the fridge or countertop (I can't lift 2 1/2 gals). Not to mention that I'm also not tall enough to stand one of those on end to fill it up from the 1 gal size. So Flush   :flush: that idea!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Allan,
Just for you:

Good stuff!

As an Aussie the concept of setting aside beet root, as opposed to eating it right away just doesn’t seem feasible!

Not even long enough to make salad?

That's about how long I could set it aside...'cause I like 'em. Just can't eat very many of them at one time.

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Amazon Prime discount

So 2.5 gals cost more!

Yeah, you have to pay for that container! And it's a much thicker plastic than the 1 gal size.

I outsmarted myself thinking I would get 2 of them; 1 for the fridge and 1 for the countertop, and keep them filled from the 1 gal size. No matter how sweetly I cajoled them, they wouldn't jump up from the floor to the fridge or countertop (I can't lift 2 1/2 gals). Not to mention that I'm also not tall enough to stand one of those on end to fill it up from the 1 gal size. So Flush   :flush: that idea!

I used to have the 3 gallon refillable jugs. Those used to be doable for me. Right now I like the Arrowhead bottles because they are stackable and have indented grips.

Not to mention I don't really have a shelf I can stack the 3 gallon jugs on anymore.

bryan j borich

Posts: 486 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Allan,

I'm not really into alcohol, except on occasion, admittedly at the moment I wouldn't mind taste testing some of the variaties out there.

Not that I should...

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
Slight rant.

I'm so happy America in no way resembles a Christian nation except on extremely rare (it seems occasions by individuals). If it were, I'd be awfully disappointed at such a claim.

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
I was reading the following today

https://www.timesofisrael.com/...eutral-bnei-mitzvah/

And I got to thinking, that was the around the age I started my partial transition. Seems God was running me through my own Bar-Mitzvah.

bryan j borich

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Amazon Prime discount

So 2.5 gals cost more!

We get the water for my iron in 3 gallon containers, and then hubby has to carry if to where I need it. I decant it to 1 gal containers but the first one is hard not to spilll. The second one is much better.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Allan,
Just for you:

Good stuff!

Not even long enough to make salad?

That's about how long I could set it aside...'cause I like 'em. Just can't eat very many of them at one time.

Not sure but since they are also put on burgers I’d say maybe!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Odd
quote:
I was reading the following today

https://www.timesofisrael.com/...eutral-bnei-mitzvah/

And I got to thinking, that was the around the age I started my partial transition. Seems God was running me through my own Bar-Mitzvah.

Odd that she was 14. I thought bat mitzvahs were held at age 12 (13 for Reform), age 12 for bar mitzvahs. Although I do understand "God's timing' isn't necessarily in sync with our timing.

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Allan,

'Takes a lickin', keeps on tickin''

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
diabetic diet,

https://reason.com/blog/2018/0...for-type-ii-diabetes

All things considered in my case I expect it would be much cheaper for the government to pay for pre-packaged foods for use daily then my pharmas, but that would make too much sense.

On a separate note, it seems there might be more than 2 types of diabetes, a new, but limited study seems to indicate at least 5.

bryan j borich