Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
      Page: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 73

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
For Allan, I think!

https://www.biblicalarchaeolog...m_campaign=ZE8A4IZ60

Interesting piece. I remember Hanalah from the Judaism Forum used to mention Lilith quite often.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yba:
It is good to speak with you again.

It's been nearly 50 years since I last saw my soulmate, more than a decade since we last spoke on the Internet, yet her name is open in my mind every day.

Night all, (well, morning, as it is 2.40am). I'm off.

Good night and God bless.

Freshie...
posted Hide Post
Sleep well 0ld friend!

Posts: 7 | Location: SE Texas | Mbr Since: 03-26-2018Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yba:
Greetings to all! It may take a while to master this computer and get hold of how to use Aantares but you know me, slow but with the tenacity of a bulldog. Smile   :)
Alan, old friend, I understand where you are coming from. Life has been a challenge to me since Marianne has gone to ride with the divine wind. Today begins the fifth month for me without my beloved.
I sometimes think she is still here and talking to me. Perhaps an illusion or???

Well for what's worth my cat followed me for decades after her death.
On the other hand, it's not usually good when human spirits stay, however it happens and I've known some people who help them on their way.
Also it's not like she can't hear you, if you both desire it.

bryan j borich

Posts: 486 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, I've been reading quite a bit of Franciscan Priest Richard Rohr's books. A point he has made more than once is that the Catholic Church, as well as most Protestant Denominations, have kept Christianity at the "infant milk" level. IOW, they teach at the lowest common denominator level rather than in progressive stages.

https://cac.org/

https://cac.org/richard-rohr/richard-rohr-ofm/

Well I know at times I've had theologians or those studying theology, anyway, teach me things that aren't told to parishioners. And that's become pretty clear from just various incidental readings where some openly state that.

Yep, and anyone with 'eyes to see' and 'ears to hear' will catch that rather quickly - even from just reading the Bible with an open mind and doing the 'word studies' traced back to the original language.

Most just don't want to be bothered with it. Others just want enough 'surface knowledge' to judge others by so that they can feel superior.

Must say it always amused me that the posse judged everyone, other than themselves, of course, by the OT Law, LOL. It never even occurred to them that Testament means Covenant, and according to the Bible, only Israel signed on to the "Old" one.

I think they were taught by example, from the pulpit, to judge others. I don’t think we are created that way!

For some...I'd say that is true. But in other cases I'd have to say that the Bible just gives those who already have a propensity to be judgmental another set of criteria to judge by.

But for the life of me I cannot figure out why anyone reading the Bible would judge non-Jews according to a covenant offered and agreed to only by Israel! It seems they never think any of it through - they are just too happy to have another set of rules to condemn others by.

When Allan called them "surface feeders" it really resonated with me! But it's such a shame that so many are perfectly content to remain superficial Christians.

Besides Vicki I've been having discussions with Michelle formerly from Amazon too. She's still tied to church dogma, but she has started to question and understand she might not know the truth. And while she understands she might need to throw out what she knew, she's not ready to yet, nor sure she can.

I remember Michelle! Think she lives somewhere near me - well, somewhere in or near Georgia - that is.

Had a few nice discussions with her, but she never stayed around for very long. Got the feeling from her that she 'went along to get along' (mostly with her family). Wasn't willing to rock the boat as far as theological differences were concerned.

Bottom line, imho: theology isn't relevant as long as that isn't what you've place your faith in.

She's still pretty much tied to regular Christian theology, but she's also more willing to question it, openly at times.

Questioning is good. Just glad she is no longer trying to do it with the judgmental posse types.

She still s way to much darkness in the light.

Hello who would
Bryan! You are right as was Dryden "Errors like straw on the surface flow...He who would search for pearls must "' dive below.

One of the things I pointed out that the Bible says is that you must seek God, she thinks just because God possibly dropped in her lap, that you don't need to continue looking.

Look for the Wizard behind the curtain.

Btw, nice to see you back, more or less. Allan needs you to keep him in line.

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can remember English classes where we discussed what poems etc were really about. I wanted to insist that why couldn’t the author just be talking about the “obvious” topic, for example in who’s woods are these, really was about a snowy lane! Now I’m in line to look for anything but the obvious!

When I 'woke' up Robert Frosts two poems about the House and the Roads took on entirely definite meanings.
And there were Donnes(sp?) given to me by my physics teacher about no man is an Island and his other(?) for whom the Bell Tolls that I finally grokked.

It was interesting to note that those poems stuck to me over the decades too.

bryan j borich

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
For Allan, I think!

https://www.biblicalarchaeolog...m_campaign=ZE8A4IZ60

Interesting piece. I remember Hanalah from the Judaism Forum used to mention Lilith quite often.

I didn’t read it really well, but I thought it was interesting and would encourage Allan in that he isn’t alone with the mythology.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Greetings to all! It may take a while to master this computer and get hold of how to use Aantares but you know me, slow but with the tenacity of a bulldog. Smile   :)
Alan, old friend, I understand where you are coming from. Life has been a challenge to me since Marianne has gone to ride with the divine wind. Today begins the fifth month for me without my beloved.
I sometimes think she is still here and talking to me. Perhaps an illusion or???

On the other hand, it's not usually good when human spirits stay, however it happens and I've known some people who help them on their way.

Are you sure it is stay rather than return?

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, I've been reading quite a bit of Franciscan Priest Richard Rohr's books. A point he has made more than once is that the Catholic Church, as well as most Protestant Denominations, have kept Christianity at the "infant milk" level. IOW, they teach at the lowest common denominator level rather than in progressive stages.

Well I know at times I've had theologians or those studying theology, anyway, teach me things that aren't told to parishioners. And that's become pretty clear from just various incidental readings where some openly state that.

Yep, and anyone with 'eyes to see' and 'ears to hear' will catch that rather quickly - even from just reading the Bible with an open mind and doing the 'word studies' traced back to the original language.

Most just don't want to be bothered with it. Others just want enough 'surface knowledge' to judge others by so that they can feel superior.

Must say it always amused me that the posse judged everyone, other than themselves, of course, by the OT Law, LOL. It never even occurred to them that Testament means Covenant, and according to the Bible, only Israel signed on to the "Old" one.

I think they were taught by example, from the pulpit, to judge others. I don’t think we are created that way!

For some...I'd say that is true. But in other cases I'd have to say that the Bible just gives those who already have a propensity to be judgmental another set of criteria to judge by.

But for the life of me I cannot figure out why anyone reading the Bible would judge non-Jews according to a covenant offered and agreed to only by Israel! It seems they never think any of it through - they are just too happy to have another set of rules to condemn others by.

When Allan called them "surface feeders" it really resonated with me! But it's such a shame that so many are perfectly content to remain superficial Christians.

Besides Vicki I've been having discussions with Michelle formerly from Amazon too. She's still tied to church dogma, but she has started to question and understand she might not know the truth. And while she understands she might need to throw out what she knew, she's not ready to yet, nor sure she can.

I remember Michelle! Think she lives somewhere near me - well, somewhere in or near Georgia - that is.

Had a few nice discussions with her, but she never stayed around for very long. Got the feeling from her that she 'went along to get along' (mostly with her family). Wasn't willing to rock the boat as far as theological differences were concerned.

Bottom line, imho: theology isn't relevant as long as that isn't what you've place your faith in.

She's still pretty much tied to regular Christian theology, but she's also more willing to question it, openly at times.

Questioning is good. Just glad she is no longer trying to do it with the judgmental posse types.

Hello who would
Bryan! You are right as was Dryden "Errors like straw on the surface flow...He who would search for pearls must "' dive below.

One of the things I pointed out that the Bible says is that you must seek God, she thinks just because God possibly dropped in her lap, that you don't need to continue looking.

Many get confused about finding or seeking God being a finite event, that’s part of what the God is dead movement was all about: your God’s too small when that happens.

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Stay, but I expect a physical return at some point, at least if cats trly have 9 lives (as cats).

As i understand it while the soul might leave, sometimes the spirit can stay because of attachments. One of the reasons for wakes and similar ceremonies is to make sure the spirit (or soul possibly) doesn't stay because of attachments.

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hello who would

Many get confused about finding or seeking God being a finite event, that’s part of what the God is dead movement was all about: your God’s too small when that happens.

And then there is the question of exactly which God did you find?

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
"Be perfect as your Father is perfect"

Among other arguments with Vicki is the meaning of that passage, she tried to claim in her Hebrew word studies that it didn't mean divine perfection.

So I google to see what I can find, lo and behold I find an article about the 2 groups of Perfection used in the Bible. And the author points out that the word used in Jesus' case refers to the divine use. Admittedly he goes on later this can't be possible because that would cause too many theological problems and cognitive disonance.

I'm not necessarily saying we can be exactly as perfect as God. Just that we have an expectation to live up to what Gods from each of us, and what He gave us the ability to achieve on the invidual level.

I find it interesting that current Christianity in America seems to consider even trying to be better, unachievable and not needed. Whereas all the other major religions stress attempts at least or needed. And not just the religions either, but Wisdom sayings.

bryan j borich

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Stay, but I expect a physical return at some point, at least if cats trly have 9 lives (as cats).

As i understand it while the soul might leave, sometimes the spirit can stay because of attachments. One of the reasons for wakes and similar ceremonies is to make sure the spirit (or soul possibly) doesn't stay because of attachments.

Then explain how one has a guardian angel/spirit if there isn’t a return but that it is stay?

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hello who would

They are only different when you are only seeing a part of the infinite.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Be perfect as your Father is perfect"

Among other arguments with Vicki is the meaning of that passage, she tried to claim in her Hebrew word studies that it didn't mean divine perfection.

So I google to see what I can find, lo and behold I find an article about the 2 groups of Perfection used in the Bible. And the author points out that the word used in Jesus' case refers to the divine use. Admittedly he goes on later this can't be possible because that would cause too many theological problems and cognitive disonance.

I'm not necessarily saying we can be exactly as perfect as God. Just that we have an expectation to live up to what Gods from each of us, and what He gave us the ability to achieve on the invidual level.

I find it interesting that current Christianity in America seems to consider even trying to be better, unachievable and not needed. Whereas all the other major religions stress attempts at least or needed. And not just the religions either, but Wisdom sayings.

Even our paulinianes seemed to stumble over what Paul meant by going on to perfection. If he was indeed Jewish I would think he was talking about how Jews see perfection in the Old Testament.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bryan:

quote:

That is how I'm seeing it too. God is One - regardless of how many of them there are. IOW, they are the ultimate Unity of Purpose.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

That is how I'm seeing it too. God is One - regardless of how many of them there are. IOW, they are the ultimate Unity of Purpose.

That’s what I thought Bryan thought too.

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Then explain how one has a guardian angel/spirit if there isn’t a return but that it is stay?

My guardian angels are Gryphons. At least for the most part.

Also time doesn't exist, so multiple copies can exist simultaneously.

I know in one case there were 2 of me incarnate working together for instance, same for others I know now.

Btw, this doesn't mean they are exact duplicates either.

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

That’s what I thought Bryan thought too.

It is, but it's more complicated then that. Most aren't finding the 'real' think, and usually the more negative aspects of God's nature you might say.

bryan j borich

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Reed,
I'm making this little chicken
https://amigurumi.today/sleepy...gurumi-pattern-free/
and it is just about to wear my hands out! Using that size 6 yarn with a little 3.5 hook is tuff because the yarn clings to itself, making it difficult to pull through the stitch. I only got halfway through making the head before my hands started throbbing.

But dang, it's cute!