Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
Synchronicity Rules OK

These sites just keep dropping like Manna (the Sacred Mushroom) from Heaven:

https://spiritualityhealth.com...s-spiritual-explorer
The Santo Daime tradition teaches that daime (ayahuasca) provides direct access to the true doctrine of Christ and universal God consciousness. According to tradition, the true teachings of Jesus were lost in Europe, and the doctrine hid itself in the jungle, waiting to be brought out into the world through the medium of the daime. Members of the religion are understood to be undertaking the personally challenging process of evolving to a state of Christ consciousness, which is considered to be the “second coming” of Christ—not an individual but a widespread awakening to the reality of our divine unity.

Evolving is essentially what happens when one dumps all that "religion" ash and trash. With that comes the realization that we are all one, at which point the ego almost naturally takes a back seat. That's been my experience anyway.

quote:
Here ICB am reading The Pagan Christ, where Harpur tells us clearly that modern Christianity (Kuhn's Christianism, JR's Churchianity) is a lost cause created in Europe, and here we find another entheogen returning the true Unity with the Krishna/Horus/Mithras/Tammuz/Buddha Jesus Christ-spirit.

https://www.ancient.eu/Ahura_Mazda/
Ahura Mazda was revealed to the prophet Zoroaster/Zarathustra through a vision he had when he was 30 years old.

Entheogen or not, a vision can certainly help to open one's spiritual eyes.

quote:
On an entirely different, Skinnerian behaviourist track:

Watching two Noisy Miners have a fight on the roof outside our window, when half a dozen others flew in. Why? To make sure the combatants fight by the rules? None were involved in the fight.

Maybe when we regain that Christ-spirit we will return to Mother Nature and behave this way:

http://www.backyardbuddies.org...-buddies/noisy-miner
The Noisy Miner is a very communal, family orientated bird. The parents take turns rearing the chicks and very unusually, they get a lot of help from other males in their group. The chicks are given a lot of attention by their families, sometimes getting up to 50 visits to the nest in one hour.

Now wouldn't that be nice!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
https://www.history.com/news/g...ulsion-stacey-abrams

bryan j borich

Posts: 486 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
https://www.history.com/topics/orangeburg-massacre

bryan j borich

Posts: 486 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

While I never believed that integration had solved all of our racial problems, I certainly never expected for us to be going backwards with our attitudes. And oddly enough it seems to be because of perceived voting/ political biases.

I did believe that we had partially replace races, rather than eliminated public racism. Sadly we seem to indeed be going back to the 50s.

Posts: 12607 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

No doubt in my mind that there is still racism in Georgia. Large pockets of it.

When I first moved to this part of Atlanta (about 40 years ago), the little town next door (Hapeville) was proud that they had no blacks who owned property. They rented, but didn't own.

Ain't like that now, although there are still more renters than owners.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Hey Bryan, how are you doing these days?

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:

When I first moved to this part of Atlanta (about 40 years ago), the little town next door (Hapeville) was proud that they had no blacks who owned property. They rented, but didn't own.

I went to high school in Jax fla. I remember the segregation there. In Berkeley, where we moved from, I didn’t see a problem although the jr highs were basically segregated, though not entirely. I’m just now learning what I was oblivious to, that was in at least my jr high.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
quote:

I went to high school in Jax fla. I remember the segregation there. In Berkeley, where we moved from, I didn’t see a problem although the jr highs were basically segregated, though not entirely. I’m just now learning what I was oblivious to, that was in at least my jr high.

There were no blacks in our Jr Hi either, but none lived near us so I didn't think anything of it. Only a few attended High School and I had no idea where they lived because none were on our bus.

My thinking at the time was that it was much ado about nothing. They were just kids to me.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

There were no blacks in our Jr Hi either, but none lived near us so I didn't think anything of it. Only a few attended High School and I had no idea where they lived because none were on our bus.

My thinking at the time was that it was much ado about nothing. They were just kids to me.

There were a few blacks in my jr high. In sr high our school was primarily military and we knew there were a couple of houses that had been drawn out of the district. Which just seemed dumb to most of us as yes, they were just kids to us too. Many of us had lived in foreign countries and lived among those populations, they were just kids to us too!

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
For as we are accustomed to seeing certain things on a daily basis, our minds acquiesce therein and no longer seek the causes of that which we see before our very eyes. Cicero. De Natura Deorum

How true that is.

How often have we heard this concept?

I am the self established In the heart of all contingent beings; Also, I am the beginning, middle and end Of all contingent beings. Rig-Veda

http://metrogael.blogspot.com/...ate-cultures-of.html
In 1796 the British scholar Sir William Jones had discovered that the origins of Greek and Latin words were to be found in India’s ancient language Sanskrit, leading him to suppose that Sanskrit is the mother tongue of European languages. This pioneering work was developed further by the German linguist Paul Kretschmer, who showed that Indo-Iranian (Sanskrit and Persian), on the one hand, and Italo-Celtic (Latin and Irish) on the other had a surprisingly close set of words in common.
...we have a language and a mythology which is as old and probably older than that of Greece and Rome, a cultural heritage which links us like an umbilical cord with a pre-historic world. I should say at this point that Ireland’s Sanskrit heritage is deep and expansive in content, almost infinite in suggestion. What follows, then, is rather an attempt to explore or to come to terms with some aspects of Irish and Indian culture and to tease out some of the philosophical implications for our world today; in other words, to see how they might enable us to think in a different way about ourselves and this world in which we live.

ICB reckons that if we spent as much time and effort on our own mythology instead of that of an insignificant nomadic culture whose legends bear no resemblance whatsoever to what archaeology and real, established, history tell us, we would be infinitely better off, spiritually, morally, and materially.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I saw a clip today of trump climbing the stairs to Air Force One. He looked like he was having trouble getting up the stairs. Since I saw it in passing I’m keep wondering what was going on. Anyone know? Thought I might find more info and feed it to our two year old elsewhere.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw a clip today of trump climbing the stairs to Air Force One. He looked like he was having trouble getting up the stairs. Since I saw it in passing I’m keep wondering what was going on. Anyone know? Thought I might find more info and feed it to our two year old elsewhere.

Nadda.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
Youse mob gone to sleep or what?

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Youse mob gone to sleep or what?
soon!

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
Reed, can you please check my post on How long will I remain a Christian?

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’ll look, but I’m remember something that was way to complicated for this time of night, that may have been here.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

Okay, done. But I’ve got an early day tomorrow.

I set a small trap for our frightie. It was a mistake made on the news this morning that they didn’t correct. On the 1st, here, they said it was 12 days to the Singapore meeting. I’m not sure I counted exactly right but I got it closer to right.

I kept wondering what time of day it will be held. And what condition the jet lag will leave! Guess I should include how he is going to tweet on that 22 hour trip! I should probably worry about his unsecured phone too.

Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:
ICB reckons that if we spent as much time and effort on our own mythology instead of that of an insignificant nomadic culture whose legends bear no resemblance whatsoever to what archaeology and real, established, history tell us, we would be infinitely better off, spiritually, morally, and materially.

If you like real history filled with locusts and plagues, you can always switch to the 12 tribes of Kaskans instead of Hebrews (Habiru):

http://historum.com/ancient-hi.../65480-hittites.html

quote:
c.1375 The Kaskans have a locust infestation. They join up with Hayasa-Azzi and Ishuwa, and other Hittite enemies. They burn the fort at Masat, and sack, Hattusa (although the event is shrouded in mystery), and possibly the second city Sapinuwa. The Kaskans make Nenassa their frontier.
---------------
c.1370 The Hittite king, Suppiluliuma pushes back the Kaskan invasion and invades Hayasa-Azzi.
Twelve tribes of Kaskans unite under Piyapili and attempt to support their recent allies, but are defeated. Piyapili was the temporary leader of twelve tribes.
---------------
c1360-1335 Amarna letters were sent from some 20 cities in Canaan. In many letters the pharaoh was asked for help, as cities were being threate*ned by 'Habiru' or by collaborating governors of other cities.
---------------
c.1350 The reputation of the Kaskans has reached Egypt. In the Amarna letters, the pharaoh requests that the king of Arzawa sends some of the Kaskan people of whom the pharaoh has heard. At times the Hittites were friendly, although there were constant hostilities on the frontier.
---------------
c.1333 Hittite general Hannutti marches from the Lower Land upon the Kaskan frontier town of Ishupitta. But the plague (which has already killed king Suppiluliuma) claims his son, Arnuwanda II then the general too.
Kaskan client kings Pazzannas and Nunnutas take over Ishupitta.

Posts: 1149 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Report This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bluelamp:
If you like real history filled with locusts and plagues, you can always switch to the 12 tribes of Kaskans instead of Hebrews (Habiru):
http://historum.com/ancient-hi.../65480-hittites.html

Will be back; my head is splitting and the birds are complaining.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
I've failed dismally to get my point across, so let's see if this works.

Seems **** sapiens appeared some 300,000 years ago and, for most of those 300,000 years, we were animals communicating in grunts and sign language such as the gorilla thumping his chest.

At some time we learned to speak, created a simple vocabulary.

Then things changed radically.

I'd suggest it was around 50,000 years ago this change took place, and we started thinking in the abstract, creating metaphors and word symbols.

The Spanish-French cave painters, around 30,000 years ago, show we were well into the abstract, and we need to know far more about their shamans all that long ago.

Certainly by the time of Göbekli Tepe, 9130–8800BC, we were using carved symbols.

This is one reason I accept that mythology came first, followed much later by the subset religion.

Sumer was farming some 10,000 years ago, so they would have developed fertility deities, Egypt was later.

Look for the beer reference under Sumer Show #6 in this and tell me what comes to mind:

https://beforetheegyptians.com/journey/sumer/

Judaism arrived on the scene 4000 years ago, real Christianity started 2000 years ago, modern Christianity 1600 years ago.

Oral traditions had to let go some of what they knew. There are, after all,limits to even how much their highly trained memories could hold.

So what have we lost?

We often don't know what our own names mean, so how can we translate what the metaphors and symbols originally meant?

We do know the Cross had real symbolic meaning aeons before the Christian Christ was nailed to one.

So what did that cross originally mean, an original meaning the first Christians most likely would have known?