Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Post
Search BB
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
I've failed dismally to get my point across, so let's see if this works.


No I agree symbols/myths do get used over time for different purposes. I tend to think early astrologers describing planets with words like spear, beard, lamp, and horseman are reusing symbols originally used for comets. The Tunguska blast being related by the locals to their thunderbird legend I think is more the original use but in between comet fragment hits, there could certainly be mundane weather related uses too though shaman's do seem to remember the difference:

http://www.cosmicelk.net/Tunguska.htm

quote:
Suslov discovered that the local Evenk people attributed the blast to a great shaman called Magankan. He would get people to fire a rifle at him - he could catch the bullet when it came out of his body and show it to everyone there. He would stab a knife into his chest and no wound could be seen.

For a long time there had been war and feuds between the Evenk clans living along the tributaries of the Lower Tunguska. This led to the rival shamans sending their evil spirits against each other causing diseases and other troubles.

Then Magankan called on the Agdy. The Agdy is the God of Thunder (who looks like an old man) but also the Agdy birds - the Thunderbirds - big, black and made of iron, with fiery eyes. The beating of their wings causes thunder and lightning flashes from their eyes. Ancestors of the Agdy live in Khergu - the underworld as do the souls of shamans, so many of them were friends with shamans and this relationship had been passed on to their descendants. An evil shaman can call on the Agdy to do harm to anyone he bears a grudge against.

This happened in the early morning of 30th June 1908. A flock of Agdy were called by the shaman Magankan. The Agdy came down on the territory of the Shanyagir clan. Tents were blown into the air. People were hurt. 250 reindeer from the herd of Andrei Onkoul disappeared without trace - and other reindeer and also dogs were killed. The wooden storage houses on platforms, where they kept all their food, clothes and equipment were totaly destroyed in just a few seconds. The taiga forest was flattened for about 10,000 square kilometres in the areas of the rivers Chambe, Zhilushmo, and Kushmo. There was a great noise like thunder and great cracks appeared in the earth. People fled leaving all their possessions. Two people died in the blast.


The God the Father, Zeus, Agdy thunderbolt guy with a beard would be a comet fragment and sacred black stone iron birds would be meteorites. However, the shaman dude was not actually of course talking to a comet fragment or meteorite; he was doing hyperdimensional physics communication with something that can have/know real before your eyes effects. I think Zoroaster was better than the average shaman at describing the hyperdimensional something rather than just the effects that end up in myths.

quote:
Seems **** sapiens appeared some 300,000 years ago and, for most of those 300,000 years, we were animals communicating in grunts and sign language such as the gorilla thumping his chest.

At some time we learned to speak, created a simple vocabulary.


Not much to go on when you are 300,000 years ago but stone tools quickly showed up in great quantity all over Africa as if we knew how to make tools already but didn't have a great need to until something happened (modern channeling relates this to the fall). It didn't seem like somebody in one specific area made a momentous leap. There were a few tools made hundreds of thousands of years before this but not to the extent they were 300,000 years ago.

quote:
Then things changed radically.

I'd suggest it was around 50,000 years ago this change took place, and we started thinking in the abstract, creating metaphors and word symbols.

The Spanish-French cave painters, around 30,000 years ago, show we were well into the abstract, and we need to know far more about their shamans all that long ago.

Certainly by the time of Göbekli Tepe, 9130–8800BC, we were using carved symbols.

This is one reason I accept that mythology came first, followed much later by the subset religion.


I tend to think shamans were doing hyperdimensional communication all along even if the myths were mostly recording before your eyes effects. There was a lion-man carving from 40,000 years ago with 7 notches that seems to relate to later lion-man dieties with coiled serpents that some relate to Zurvan/Zoroastrianism.

quote:
Sumer was farming some 10,000 years ago, so they would have developed fertility deities, Egypt was later.

Look for the beer reference under Sumer Show #6 in this and tell me what comes to mind:

https://beforetheegyptians.com/journey/sumer/

Judaism arrived on the scene 4000 years ago, real Christianity started 2000 years ago, modern Christianity 1600 years ago.


Yeah you have Siberian/steppes shamanism on down to lion-man notched Zurvan, on down to Atlantis, on down to Sumer/Akkad, on down to Hittite/Egypt/Zoroastrianism/Vedism, on down to Judaism, on down to Paul, and then totally messed up by dudes like Polycarp.

quote:
Oral traditions had to let go some of what they knew. There are, after all,limits to even how much their highly trained memories could hold.

So what have we lost?

We often don't know what our own names mean, so how can we translate what the metaphors and symbols originally meant?

We do know the Cross had real symbolic meaning aeons before the Christian Christ was nailed to one.

So what did that cross originally mean, an original meaning the first Christians most likely would have known?


In the RosTau/Rosicrucian sense it's from the rose arose the cross (which only sounds pun-like in English). I think Paul's cross was really a Roman Tropaeum aka a trophy-like victory on a cross symbol. The rose would be consciousness and the cross would be the body and the victory would be a return to consciousness (the rose from which cross originally arose).

Paul just used his Christ in the upper heavens as a symbol for what we all can do. Julius Caesar would be the real historical model for Paul's symbol but his Christ was a generic rendition (for his Jew-Gentile reconciliation goal).
 
Posts: 1149 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
A nice wake-up call for many of those who call themselves "Christian":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGt8Lnhgrz8


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
A nice wake-up call for many of those who call themselves "Christian":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGt8Lnhgrz8


Well done!
 
Posts: 12606 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
A nice wake-up call for many of those who call themselves "Christian":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGt8Lnhgrz8


I'd dearly love to know what they were all thinking.

And how many did indeed turn up for church next Sunday.
 
Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
A nice wake-up call for many of those who call themselves "Christian":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGt8Lnhgrz8


I'd dearly love to know what they were all thinking.

And how many did indeed turn up for church next Sunday.

No specific church was mentioned, which makes it difficult to research, but I'm not certain that it was a literal event... The message is quite powerful though.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
A nice wake-up call for many of those who call themselves "Christian":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGt8Lnhgrz8


I'd dearly love to know what they were all thinking.

And how many did indeed turn up for church next Sunday.

No specific church was mentioned, which makes it difficult to research, but I'm not certain that it was a literal event... The message is quite powerful though.


I’d start with a hierarchical church, or the congregation would have already met him. But that does narrow it enough. Perhaps it isn’t true, but it doesn’t sound like the stories that are normally to make a point from the pulpit.
 
Posts: 12606 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
posted Hide Post
hierarchical church? Is that like a pyramid scheme? Smile-Big   :D
 
Posts: 9933 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
A nice wake-up call for many of those who call themselves "Christian":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGt8Lnhgrz8


Fat chance, they are too enamored of worshipping 'Satan' for the most part.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 486 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Hey Bryan, how are you doing these days?


Mostly good, the weather this winter has been extremely survivable, now if it would only stay that way.

I am otherwise annoyed by so-called conservatives and s0-called Christians trying to create Hell on earth.

Btw, did you know even Reagan wanted some sort of universal health care?

By today's standards, Reagan and previous Republicans are commie sympathizers.

There was an article written by one, now former, GOP fundraiser who openly stated the GOP has moved to the extreme right in just the last 12 years or less and so he had to drop the party.

As others are doing.


I just had one guy post that the black nfl players were a bunch of black olives and he was glad sickle cell was created. One of Michelle's friends. She lives somewhat near you (near Atlanta).


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 486 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
hierarchical church? Is that like a pyramid scheme? Smile-Big   :D


Basically. Whoever makes it to the top has the hottest spot in Hell.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 486 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
A nice wake-up call for many of those who call themselves "Christian":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGt8Lnhgrz8


Fat chance, they are too enamored of worshipping 'Satan' for the most part.

Hey Sugah, good to hear from you.

Maybe "many" was a bit too generous of me, but I do think that at least "some" would have ears to hear the message.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Hey Bryan, how are you doing these days?


Mostly good, the weather this winter has been extremely survivable, now if it would only stay that way.

I am otherwise annoyed by so-called conservatives and s0-called Christians trying to create Hell on earth.

Btw, did you know even Reagan wanted some sort of universal health care?

By today's standards, Reagan and previous Republicans are commie sympathizers.

There was an article written by one, now former, GOP fundraiser who openly stated the GOP has moved to the extreme right in just the last 12 years or less and so he had to drop the party.

As others are doing.

I just had one guy post that the black nfl players were a bunch of black olives and he was glad sickle cell was created. One of Michelle's friends. She lives somewhat near you (near Atlanta).

Yeah, winter was rather nice even here. But we have had temps in the 90s already! Sheesh, that's early even for us!
But good to hear you are doing alright.

I knew there had been mention of universal health care before, just didn't remember exactly when nor by whom.

And yes, I think a lot of people are seeing that the GOP has moved too far to the right leaving fewer and fewer centrists.

Oh yeah, IIRC, Michelle lives in or near Macon? Or was it Savannah...? Think it was south of me anyway.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
A nice wake-up call for many of those who call themselves "Christian":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGt8Lnhgrz8


Fat chance, they are too enamored of worshipping 'Satan' for the most part.

Hey Sugah, good to hear from you.

Maybe "many" was a bit too generous of me, but I do think that at least "some" would have ears to hear the message.


Some might, for today, maybe tomorrow, but in a month?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 486 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Hey Bryan, how are you doing these days?


Mostly good, the weather this winter has been extremely survivable, now if it would only stay that way.

I am otherwise annoyed by so-called conservatives and s0-called Christians trying to create Hell on earth.

Btw, did you know even Reagan wanted some sort of universal health care?

By today's standards, Reagan and previous Republicans are commie sympathizers.

There was an article written by one, now former, GOP fundraiser who openly stated the GOP has moved to the extreme right in just the last 12 years or less and so he had to drop the party.

As others are doing.

I just had one guy post that the black nfl players were a bunch of black olives and he was glad sickle cell was created. One of Michelle's friends. She lives somewhat near you (near Atlanta).

Yeah, winter was rather nice even here. But we have had temps in the 90s already! Sheesh, that's early even for us!
But good to hear you are doing alright.

I knew there had been mention of universal health care before, just didn't remember exactly when nor by whom.

And yes, I think a lot of people are seeing that the GOP has moved too far to the right leaving fewer and fewer centrists.

Oh yeah, IIRC, Michelle lives in or near Macon? Or was it Savannah...? Think it was south of me anyway.


Almost everywhere President of the last century wanted some sort of universal healthcare. Some settled for expanded healthcare, Nixon and his HMO's, Reagan and Bush with Medicare expansions.

I gotta admit I was surprised at Reagan considering how conservatives view him today, ignoring the socialistic things he did, or his immigration deal. Those that are aware of it try to excuse it away.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 486 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
hierarchical church? Is that like a pyramid scheme? Smile-Big   :D


They seem that way at times! The main thing I was considering was that their pastors are basically "sent" as what they need, rather than necessarily what they want!
 
Posts: 12606 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Shot Steve an email last night and received a reply today. He says he's alright but that the high heat and humidity is "killing us here."

He has invited me to run away with him to Colorado Mountains or to Oregon to visit Mary Jean. I'm all for visiting Mary Jean. Still haven't heard a word from her...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Shot Steve an email last night and received a reply today. He says he's alright but that the high heat and humidity is "killing us here."

He has invited me to run away with him to Colorado Mountains or to Oregon to visit Mary Jean. I'm all for visiting Mary Jean. Still haven't heard a word from her...


Just avoid the fires....

I take it he doesn't have AC....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 486 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Shot Steve an email last night and received a reply today. He says he's alright but that the high heat and humidity is "killing us here."

He has invited me to run away with him to Colorado Mountains or to Oregon to visit Mary Jean. I'm all for visiting Mary Jean. Still haven't heard a word from her...


Just avoid the fires....

I take it he doesn't have AC....

Not to worry, neither of us are actually up to traveling. We are just amusing ourselves with daydreams.

I'm sure he has AC, but doesn't like to run it much because of the expense. Also, like here, when it is both hot and humid, the AC runs 24/7 just to make indoors some 10-12 degrees cooler than outdoors. On most days that would mean 80-85 degrees indoors with still considerable humidity. Not so comfortable and at an exorbitant price.

I live in a small house and the electric bill can easily run over $200 per month in the summer, and that's with a NEW, more efficient AC unit. He lives in a condo and it is hotter and more humid there...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Shot Steve an email last night and received a reply today. He says he's alright but that the high heat and humidity is "killing us here."

He has invited me to run away with him to Colorado Mountains or to Oregon to visit Mary Jean. I'm all for visiting Mary Jean. Still haven't heard a word from her...


Just avoid the fires....

I take it he doesn't have AC....

Not to worry, neither of us are actually up to traveling. We are just amusing ourselves with daydreams.

I'm sure he has AC, but doesn't like to run it much because of the expense. Also, like here, when it is both hot and humid, the AC runs 24/7 just to make indoors some 10-12 degrees cooler than outdoors. On most days that would mean 80-85 degrees indoors with still considerable humidity. Not so comfortable and at an exorbitant price.

I live in a small house and the electric bill can easily run over $200 per month in the summer, and that's with a NEW, more efficient AC unit. He lives in a condo and it is hotter and more humid there...


Even when I used to use my household AC and not a room AC my bill was only up to around $120/130, running 24/7.

My room AC was maybe upwards of $50/60 iirc.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 486 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Shot Steve an email last night and received a reply today. He says he's alright but that the high heat and humidity is "killing us here."

He has invited me to run away with him to Colorado Mountains or to Oregon to visit Mary Jean. I'm all for visiting Mary Jean. Still haven't heard a word from her...


Yep, I'd be interested in visiting Mary Jean too, and that flight isn't much fun!
 
Posts: 12606 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
  Powered by Social Strata       Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 50 

Locked Topic Locked

    Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II

© 2003-2020 Aantares Online LLC. All Rights Reserved.