Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Maricopa County officials decry 2020 recount as a sham and call on Arizona GOP to end
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Maricopa County officials decry 2020 recount as a sham and call on Arizona GOP to end
 Login/Register 
Steadfast...
Picture of purplepentode
posted
source
quote:

The Republican-dominated Maricopa County Board of Supervisors Monday denounced an ongoing audit of the 2020 election vote as a “sham” and a “con,” calling on the GOP-led state Senate to end the controversial recount that has been championed by former president Donald Trump.

In a fiery public meeting and subsequent letter to state Senate President Karen Fann, the board members said the audit has been inept, promoted falsehoods and defamed the public servants who ran the fall election.

Calling the process a “spectacle that is harming all of us,” the five members of the board — including four Republicans — asked the state Senate to recognize that it is essential to call off the audit, which officials have said is only about one-quarter complete.

“It is time to make a choice to defend the Constitution and the Republic,” they wrote, adding: “We stand united together to defend the Constitution and the Republic in our opposition to the Big Lie. We ask everyone to join us in standing for the truth.”

In a calculated show of unity, they were joined by Maricopa’s other elected officials: the sheriff, a Democrat; and the Republican county recorder, who leads the elections office.

“Our state has become a laughingstock,” the county officials wrote. “Worse, this ‘audit’ is encouraging our citizens to distrust elections, which weakens our democratic republic.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What's a purple pentode? Why, it's one that's gassy!

Posts: 15911 | Location: USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
A report I read yesterday said that the thesis was that 40,000 ballots had been added to the actual ballots, from China. I got to trying to figure out just how small that bundle might be: there are 500 pages in a ream of paper and I believe 10-12 reams in a box. That makes about 5000 pages in a box, assuming 10 reams. Doing the quick math thats 8 boxes minimum assuming the ballots were packages as well as a box of paper! How on earth does someone just add 8 boxes of paper without being noticed?

Pulling numbers out of “wherever” seems to have a practicality flaw in there.

Pa has a newly elected legislator who wants our entire results thrown out. My hubby wonders why if he feels that way he doesn’t just leave his position. No need to resign, he wasn’t really elected according to him!

Posts: 12689 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
I wonder if other states will try it now.

“The fact that we blurr women’s nipples and men’s azz cracks but we don’t cover Ted Crux’s face is quite unsettling!”

Posts: 32347 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
Picture of purplepentode
posted Hide Post
To me, the significance of this news is how some core Republicans are waking up from utter stupidity.

What's a purple pentode? Why, it's one that's gassy!

Posts: 15911 | Location: USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
To me it’s still hard to see how those that are waking up will lead, not that I can’t hope. Sadly, I still see too many who continue to support the lie.

I remember thinking, when it looked like Russia might have been fully blamed for Hillary losing, “what’s the point?”. There is no procedure for undoing an inauguration or some of the steps earlier! So, why isn’t it obvious the Biden can’t be removed except for cause, and that’s as likely to happen, atm, as Trump was to be impeached.

Posts: 12689 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by purplepentode:
To me, the significance of this news is how some core Republicans are waking up from utter stupidity.

I read that republicans already reached herd stupidity. Saw that on fb.

“The fact that we blurr women’s nipples and men’s azz cracks but we don’t cover Ted Crux’s face is quite unsettling!”

Posts: 32347 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Victor Laszlo:
quote:
Originally posted by purplepentode:

I read that republicans already reached herd stupidity. Saw that on fb.

Herd stupidity! I love that.

LOL!   :lol:

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 45816 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post