Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    "Does Florida have an extradition treaty with America?"
      Page: 1 2 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

"Does Florida have an extradition treaty with America?"
 Login/Register 
Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted
Steve M.:
quote:
Back when Donald Trump was still president, people would regularly ask on Twitter: To which country will Trump flee to avoid being taken into custody by law enforcement after he loses the election?

Trump hates foreign countries. He doesn't even like most of America. All his life he's had enough money to travel the world and stay in the best hotels, but he prefers sleeping in his own bed.

So I always responded with the same answer:
quote:
I'm sticking with the answer I've given here for a while: Trump will move to Florida and Gov. DeSantis will make up a completely fake "states' rights" reason why Trump can't be extradited. And DeSantis's popularity among Republicans will soar.
https://twitter.com/nomoremist.../1349050014987857921

Now I learn from Politico Playbook that I was nearly right:
quote:
Law enforcement officials in Palm Beach County, Fla., have actively prepared for the possibility that Manhattan District Attorney CY VANCE could indict former President DONALD TRUMP while he’s at Mar-a-Lago, according to two high-ranking county officials involved in planning sessions.

Among the topics discussed in those meetings: how to handle the thorny extradition issues that could arise if an indictment moves forward.

An obscure clause in Florida’s statute on interstate extradition gives Gov. RON DESANTIS the ability to intervene and even investigate whether an indicted “person ought to be surrendered” to law enforcement officials from another state....

I think DeSantis would have made up a reason not to allow Trump's extradition even if there was nothing in the law giving him that power. - I imagined him deploying the National Guard or state troopers to defend Trump. But if he can legally prevent Trump from being extradited, he absolutely will.

https://nomoremister.blogspot....radition-treaty.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 45816 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
It could be why he’s in Florida. DeSantis is like every other lawless republican.

“The fact that we blurr women’s nipples and men’s azz cracks but we don’t cover Ted Crux’s face is quite unsettling!”

Posts: 32347 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
Oops. I just fixed the tweet quote above. I copied the wrong tweet.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 45816 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of tenderfootsquest
posted Hide Post
The law and how it will be followed... possibly...

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/n...81620957886#nws=true

Posts: 10166 | Location: Was coughed by accident upon this foreign beach, now home. I think I'll get my Florida on. | Mbr Since: 11-02-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, we get that. Repubbies have incessantly peddled themselves as the Party of Law and Order---except when they're not.

Celebrate good times, come on
There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last
Throughout the years

Posts: 13651 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
quote:

Yes, we get that. Repubbies have incessantly peddled themselves as the Party of Law and Order---except when they're not.

The tone of that response makes it sure seem like DeSantis following the law is a bad thing. So the left would appear to be for the law... except when they're not.

Posts: 10166 | Location: Was coughed by accident upon this foreign beach, now home. I think I'll get my Florida on. | Mbr Since: 11-02-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And fiscal responsibility, but they’re not.

“The fact that we blurr women’s nipples and men’s azz cracks but we don’t cover Ted Crux’s face is quite unsettling!”

Posts: 32347 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tenderfootsquest:
quote:
quote:

The tone of that response makes it sure seem like DeSantis following the law is a bad thing. So the left would appear to be for the law... except when they're not.

DeSantis is a bad thing.

HB

Posts: 26449 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
posted Hide Post
quote:
DeSantis is a bad thing.

HB

Anyone with a business in Florida loves DeSantis.

Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
DeSantis is a bad thing.

HB

I’m sure you do. Nazi’s stick together.

Never goes away...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Victor Laszlo:
quote:
quote:
DeSantis is a bad thing.

HB

Are you calling me a nazi? Or are you saying people who own a business are necessarily a nazi?

I'm never really sure what the heck you are saying.

Care to be more clear?

Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Victor Laszlo:
quote:
quote:
DeSantis is a bad thing.

HB

Are you calling me a nazi? Or are you saying people who own a business are necessarily a nazi?

I'm never really sure what the heck you are saying.

Care to be more clear?

It's not clear to you that Vic is calling Trumpers Nazis?

Huh. Weird.

Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t vote for DeSantis for dog catcher. I wouldn’t vote for Liz Cheney for dog catcher either.

Wake Up and smell the Critical Race Theory

Posts: 32904 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
posted Hide Post
No it's not clear if he's broad brushing folks who like DeSantis as Nazis or if he means business owners are Nazis.

Do you speak for him?

Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
No it's not clear if he's broad brushing folks who like DeSantis as Nazis or if he means business owners are Nazis.

Do you speak for him?

No. I'm telling you what I understand him to be saying and wondering why you're "confused."

I've never heard him disparage business people. I have heard him disparage Trumpers -- and with good reason. So that's how I'm putting this together. It's tricky, I know, especially for Trumpers.

Never goes away...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Rodgers:
I wouldn’t vote for DeSantis for dog catcher. I wouldn’t vote for Liz Cheney for dog catcher either.

Well because... you want a dear leader to eliminate the Kulaks. And the American analog to a Kulak is a small, independent business owner.

Never goes away...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Dee:
quote:

Do you speak for him?

No. I'm telling you what I understand him to be saying and wondering why you're "confused."

I've never heard him disparage business people. I have heard him disparage Trumpers -- and with good reason. So that's how I'm putting this together. It's tricky, I know, especially for Trumpers.

I said "Anyone with a business in Florida loves DeSantis."

And he said, "I’m sure you do. Nazi’s stick together."

That does seem to say business owners are Nazis.

But that's so cute. You're spinning for him. But why? So he doesn't get a suspension?

Silly lady, all you lefties are inoculated from suspension by being on the left.

Except Holy. Elizabeth hates Holy for some reason. That's what is weird.

Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
What's bugging you, tfq? The boss got you out in the garage for something?

Too bad, so sad.

Never goes away...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Dee:
What's bugging you, tfq? The boss got you out in the garage for something?

Too bad, so sad.

ROTF   :rotf:

No, I'm actually at the restaurant. Now that stone crab season is over (Florida shortened the season by two weeks which will allow a quarter million pounds of crab uncaught... a conservation measure) I have more time to play.

Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well because... you want a dear leader to eliminate the Kulaks. And the American analog to a Kulak is a small, independent business owner.
Awwwwww, you poor oppressed thang.

Posts: 32904 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Awwwwww, you poor oppressed thang.

Not as long as the Second Amendment remains unblemished.

Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you speak for him?

I think you know trumpets are nazi’s. Then again maybe you don’t.

Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post

Aavid
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wHgB1uCT9w

HB

Posts: 26449 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:

LOL-2!   :lol2:

Hit 'em where it hurts, Marxie!